Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Cuboid Pain?

Posted by Chillie on 3/08/05 at 13:25 (170708)

Hi, I've been searching online to try and figure out what this pain is in my feet and from these comments I've been reading along with info from other websites, I believe I am having cuboid pain. I have never had any other foot problems, but I do have slight scoliosis. My foot pain has just been a gradual annoying pain that has been increasing over time. I always notice it after my foot has been immobile for a while, like after I've been sitting and I go to stand on my feet and walk - that's when they really hurt/ The pain subsides a little the more I walk. And it's always on the bottom/side of my foot right under that bone and sometimes the actual bone (5th bone?) Sometimes the pain radiates to the top/front of my foot, right below my ankle. I'm unemployed right now and don't have any medical insurance, so that's why I haven't been to the doctor about it yet. Any suggestions on how to alleviate the pain until I can get to the doctor to have it properly diagnosed? Oh, by the way, I have very flat feet, with hardly any arch and it seems to be getting worse. I've never seen a physician about that and have never worn any type or arch supports or have had any type of pt. I do not wear tight shoes or high heels. - Thanks.