Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calcium or Ezorb for heel spur relief

Posted by C.J. on 3/09/05 at 13:03 (170794)

Has anyone tried either of these with any success?

Re: Calcium or Ezorb for heel spur relief

james n on 3/10/05 at 22:18 (170920)

i tried ezorb for chronic forearm tendonitis/rsi. no luck. now i take big doses of msm and sam-e and am very happy with the results. slow but steady improvement.

Re: Ezorb for heel spur relief

Rose Cashwell on 3/14/05 at 15:50 (171187)

I guess it doesn't work on everyone. I had terrific results with EZorb.

brianh on 3/15/05 at 11:31 (171230)

I cured my PF with calcium/magnesium supplements. It took a few months, but I've been totally pain free for 4+ years since.

Julie on 3/15/05 at 11:59 (171233)

How can you be sure that it was the supplements that cured you?

SandyB on 3/15/05 at 15:49 (171250)

Brian-

How much calcium/magnesium did you take? Where did you hear about it? Do you still have to take the supplements? I just started taking 600 mg magnesium at bedtime to help me sleep but hadn't heard of it helping PF. What kind of calcium? Sorry for so many questions but am excited to hear of a possible treatment or cure through supplements.

brianh on 3/16/05 at 11:27 (171304)

Because my PF kept getting worse until I started the CAL/MAG. Plus, it also worked for a friend with PF who tried it. Also, another person who posted here also tried it and it worked (I've forgotten their name but they may come up in a search on calcium).

brianh on 3/16/05 at 11:38 (171306)

I took 500 MG of Cal/Mag Amino 3 times a day for 4 months. I heard about it in a post to this site from 1999 or so. That poster was pushing their own brand of calcium to try to get a sale. I still take the supplements, but I dropped the MG level after the pain stopped. The Cal/Mag I take has calcium, magnesium, boron and Vit D, with the cal/mag/boron in the form of an amino acid chelate, which is easier for the body to absorb.

After I started to see some improvement after taking the supplements, I also gave up drinking carbonated beverages like sodas and water. That seemed to speed up the healing process even more. However, I didn't give up beer.

After beginning the Cal/Mag, it took about 4 months to get to where I was completely pain free.

SandyB on 3/16/05 at 12:59 (171318)

Thanks for the info. Do you recommend any special brand of supplement? Was it hard to find, i.e. health food or vitamin store or could I find this at the grocery? Re: the beer, no need to go overboard w/the lifestyle changes :)

brianh on 3/16/05 at 21:58 (171366)

If you do an internet search for 'Cal Mag Amino' you should find the formula I take at a good price. I happened to find it as the 'house brand' label at my local health food store. I've never found this formula (calcium, magnesium, boron and Vit D) in any other stores. The internet is probably the easiest and cheapest source. The ones I take are capsules, and given the choice, I'd recommend those over tablets.

SandyB on 3/17/05 at 01:56 (171371)

Thanks.

Rose Cashwell on 3/21/05 at 16:07 (171723)

I tried almost everything...nothing worked until i found ezorb. you can't get wrong with it. trust me.

Rose-

Rose Cashwell on 3/21/05 at 16:13 (171725)

a year ago i thought ezorb was expensive. after wasting thousands of dollars on orthodics, night splings, cal/mags, -my podiatrists sold me i came back to ezorb... silly me. Could have saved all the money wasted.

Rose-

Ralph on 3/21/05 at 17:26 (171733)

Hi Rose,
I found a Rose using Scott's search that had surgery are you the same person?

Liz Cantwell on 7/30/05 at 19:19 (179499)

Came across these topics for discussion. Rose is Right! We are also strong believers in Ezorb. My husband(a teacher) has suffered for years with heel spurs. we decided to give Ezorb a try. I jokingly said if it worked I would become a distributor and let everyone I could (especially teachers)know about it.
The first month or two... didn't notice much result. The third month my husband was walking barefoot again on tile floors. In my opinion this is the Best Calcium on the market. By the way I did become a distributor and offer EZorb at 10% of SRP. at http://www.teachersfeet.com . Am I making alot of money? No! But it sure feels good to know I maybe able to help someone find relief for their pain.

Ralph on 7/30/05 at 21:46 (179501)

Here is my problem. We've been told that if you have a heelspur that doesn't mean it's causing you to have Plantar Fasciitis. We've seen posts where doctors cut the P.F. and do not remove the heelspur is one exists, so if the spur itself isn't the cause of pain or Plantar Fasciitis why do I need your Ezorb?

Liz Cantwell on 7/31/05 at 07:49 (179515)

Ralph...Please don't misunderstand. My husband has Plantar Fascitis as well. On top of that he had bone spurs. Sounds like you can imagine the pain. EZorb corrected the problem with his 'Bone Spurs'. Relief of that pain and problem was what enabled him to walk barefoot on tile floors again. I apologize if I gave the impression that it corrected Plantar Fascitis. I don't remember stating that. Although, I do believe in time it may very well correct that problem too! In the mean time I would love to know of anything that anyone has tried that has truly helped them with relief of their Plantar Fascitis.
I will list that a a discounted price on my web-site as well.

John H on 8/01/05 at 11:31 (179642)

Ralph I do not know anything about Ezorb. I have read in numerous medical publications that heel spurs generally do not cause heel pain and many have heel pain with no heel spurs (including me). Ezorb sounds to me like a cushioning device for a sore spot on your heel be it caused by whatever. Sounds like it might help some sore spot for some people depending on what is causing the sore spot. Others it may be of no use. I see devices like this in various foot publications. I try all sorts of things as the location of my pain would not seem to be helped by cushioning. Many people have heelspurs and no pain as you describe. On my last pair of custom orthotics they had a deep round indentation about the size of a dime where my pain is largely located. It did not help and I continue with the inexpensive Sole Orthotic.