Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

injections to treat (shrink) a plantar fibroma

Posted by scott t. on 3/09/05 at 18:12 (170823)

are hyaluronidase & triamcinolone acetonide the same as a cortisone injection?

Are hyaluronidase & triamcinolone acetonide the same as wydase?

Wydase is not available anymore. It was pulled from the market about 4 years ago.

I can not find a POD that can inject my small, but very painfull plantar fibroma. I have had 3 cortsone injectins in the spot.

MRI states fibroma is 23mm length and 7 mm trasverse dimension within the central cord of the plantar aponeurosis.

Thank you
scott T.

Re: injections to treat (shrink) a plantar fibroma

Diane G. on 3/10/05 at 11:05 (170877)

Scott:

I too have 3 fibromas on the bottom of my foot and yes, they are painful. I went to my podatrist and he injected cortisone in each one (even though it was a little painful for about 3-4 days afterwards, the pain did eventually go away. It's been 3 weeks since the injections and I have decided to go to a physical therapist and try ultrasound treatments with cortisone treatments on the outside (instead of surgery). I have gone twice now and even though it is sore for one day afterwards, they feel like they might reduce in size. Hey, it's worth a try instead of surgery. The downside to surgery is that you can't walk on your foot for about 3 weeks and they have a change of coming back (25% I hear).

I hope this is helpful to you.