Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Another update on Mahatmelissama (remember me?)

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 3/12/05 at 12:24 (171020)

Hi gang,

Some of you may remember me. I had PF and morton's neuroma pain so bad that I literally had to have groceries delievered to me. I ate a lot of meal by driving through fast food joints.

I even at one point was woken up in the middle of the night by pain in my feet and cramping.

Here is the last update I did on this site:

Well, now I am down 50 lbs. I went to Australia (can you believe it? I hardly can!) in Dec. 2004 to meet a YAM (young Aussie Male) that I had been chatting online for 18 months then...and yes made a LUV connection :x
I was able to handle the long lines and able to lug my luggage around.
When I got to Oz, I had much walking to do (no driving...plus my YAM does not drive yet...he is only just learning to drive even though he is 27).

Anyway, YAM may hopefully come out and visit me in San Jose soon. Praying for that.

Bottom line...I would have probably never met my YAM had my feet not been jacked-up (and still are to an effect). Why? Because I spent many hours glued to my computer for a social life. When my foot pain was so bad that even being in a car that had too much vibration at the bottom could cause spams in my feet (had that happen before)...and people at social functions thought something was wrong that I sat so much...and at work, I kept coming in late from being awake all night from foot pain, I took refuge in the internet.

This guy knew ALL my health problems (foot, hormone and even when I thought I had Hashimoto's...turns out that was mistake...I don't have it)...and plus is 10 year younger...he did not see me as defective at all, which was hard for me to believe at the time. Since I was sitting on my butt typing on the computer so many hours (and my sporty roomie at the time disapproved and let me know it all the time)...I got a chance to accidently find love.

I also bought a condo for myself here in January 2004 which helped me to get away from the negative attitude of my roomie, somebody I love, but always had a judgement about everything (you should have heard the things she felt about my foot problem...lazy is a word that came forth from her and also strange advice 'you need to get a handicap sticker right now for your car!'). My blood pressure sure went down after I moved out.

Anyway, sorry to blog on this site but I just wanted to say to anyone that is experiencing the great pain I was...it can get better there IS hope.

I was able to easily walk to a coffee place half an hour (15 to there and back). My feet feel fine...it takes more than 30 an hour for me to feel it these days or more than 15 minutes on a hard floor standing in line to even have a twinge.

This is from somebody who could barely stand in line 5 minutes at Safeway over 2 years ago.

There is hope! Don't give up!

What I did that helped:
1) orthotics - the squishy ones first since I could not handle the harder ones
2) stretches
3) lost weight
4) ice
5) monthly massage (it is worth it...I still do it)
6) chiropractor who does PT (electric stimulation on feet, then back, and also heat metal thing putting healing heat into feet or legs...him adjusting my back and also my toes...he also reminds me to do my stretches)
7) when I got better, nice clogs. I look forward to the day I can wear pumps
8) vitamins (Maybe they have no effect but I swear I feel it if I go too long without them)
9) aleve...2 pills in the AM and 2 in the PM...I did this for quite a long time. It is not something I ever planned on doing forever...it did bring the pain down but it does tax the liver so check with your doctor if you decide to do that

Sorry to write so much but I wanted to give back something to this website.

Someday I have got to get off my carcass and make that Foot pain success website of people who have healed up from PF Morton's neuroma and other foot pain causing conditions.

God bless everyone here.

Re: forgot to add I had 2 injections of cortizone in toes and also accuptunure for months (both helped too!)

Mahatmelissama on 3/12/05 at 12:29 (171022)

Re: Another update on Mahatmelissama (remember me?)

john h on 3/12/05 at 13:07 (171026)

How nice to hear from you Ma---. Glad you have made the Luv connection. Let me know if you run into Crocadile Dundee. he is my hero. Hard to believe: lose 50 lbs, feet do not hurt, new love mobile and in Australia. Sounds like some sort of dream. We have had a couple of posters from Australia including one who performed ESWT. ESWT in Australia did cost less than $100. Keep in touch.

Suzanne D. on 3/12/05 at 13:16 (171031)

Yes, Melissa, I remember you, and it was so nice to read your post today! I remember how hard it was for you to stand in social or church gatherings and how you worried about getting around in an airport. Congratulations to you on your healing from the pain and for the good things that have come your way! You are an example of something good coming from something bad, and I always like those stories!

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)

P.S. I just finished a book with my first grade class entitled Dingoes at Dinnertime which, of course, is set in Australia. We did some research, and they enjoyed learning some Australian words and phrases. We learned that Australia is sometimes referred to as Oz, as you did in your post. If you happen to have any photos from Australia which you wouldn't mind sharing, I always am happy to share with my children any connections regarding something we are learning. My e-mail is s dennis @hardin.k12.ky.us (without the spaces, of course). If this is too much trouble, don't worry about it, but if it were possible, we would love to see some scenery. Thanks!

marie on 3/12/05 at 15:50 (171040)

My you have been busy! What a romantic story. I know several people who have met and fallen in love via the Internet. Still one should be very careful.

Glad you got your own place........there's something to be said about having a place to call your own.

best wishes marie

Carole C in NOLA on 3/12/05 at 16:49 (171048)

Melissa, what a great post! OF COURSE we remember you! I fully remember your inability to stand for even five minutes (broke my heart because I remembered being in that condition myself), and I am very happy to hear that your feet are so radically improved. I'm also happy to hear that you made that connection with your YAM.

How do you like your new condo, other than getting away from your roommate? You didn't mention it, but I'd imagine that managing a move like that must have given you a great sense of triumph after all you'd been through. At least, I felt that way when I moved into my new house in September, 2002. It was great to know that I could handle doing that without totally wrecking my feet.

Carole C

Kathy G on 3/13/05 at 09:35 (171088)

How nice of you to check in! I'm so happy for you. A new home, a trip to Australia, a new body and a new man! So much to be thankful for! It's always so nice to hear a success story.

Thanks for sharing with us and may your good fortune and good feet continue!