Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Looking for a husband?

Posted by Elyse B on 3/18/05 at 11:05 (171491)

On Scott Peterson's first day on death row, two women called California's San Quentin State Prison to say they were interested in marrying him, according to prison officials.

Prison spokesman Vernell Crittendon said about three dozen women called San Quentin with messages of support for the prison's newest bachelor, convicted and sentenced to die for the murder of his pregnant wife, Laci.

'Two of them actually indicated to our staff that their purpose for calling was marriage,' Crittendon told CNN.

He added that it is not unusual for inmates to get married while on death row.

Re: Looking for a husband?

Carole C in NOLA on 3/18/05 at 12:24 (171497)

I can't help but wonder if they aren't just wanting to be left some of his estate. Scott and Lacy had a pretty nice house, boat, and more. Of course a lot of that probably went to his defense team, but there are always scavengers out there that might be willing to do anything to just get the crumbs.

Maybe I'm a little too cynical today!

Carole C

Elyse B on 3/18/05 at 12:27 (171498)

I don't think he has much money. But then again remember the Menendez brothers who called their parents, one of them got married in prison. Yuk.

marie on 3/18/05 at 15:14 (171517)

It's hard to tell what goes through some peoples minds in a situation like this. I guess some women find him attractive........but I have always looked for more of the total package in a man. Luckily I found him and married him.
Scott is in no way attractive to me......in fact I find everything about him repulsive.

marie

LindaV on 3/18/05 at 18:00 (171522)

Too bad Scott didn't do what Chuck Stewart did...jumped off a bridge when he realized the cops were on to him. Remember Chuck from Massachusetts who shot his pregnant wife and tried to blame it on a supposed car jacker? As for the women interested in Scott in prison...maybe they are hoping for their fifteen minutes of fame on TV or to make money selling their story for a book or made for TV movie.

john h on 3/18/05 at 19:04 (171530)

Scott Peterson is being sued in civil court and will lose. He will have zero assets. He can not write a book or make any money from the commission of a murder.

Kathy G on 3/18/05 at 19:48 (171533)

Oh yes, I remember Chuck Stewart well, Linda. We all felt so sorry for him when we thought it was a car jacking. As for these women, I believe it isn't uncommon for women to write to and propose to men on death row. I think I read some kind of psychological study on it but can't remember the details. It just seems so bizarre. I remember reading that the same thing happened to Ted Bundy.

marie on 3/22/05 at 22:27 (171803)

yeah that was just another looser. I doubt Scott will be put to death anytime soon.....he'll probably repeal and it will go on for a very long time.

Lawrence on 3/26/05 at 22:29 (171998)

Thats very encouraging. I hope he can marry many of them and kill them during conjugal visits like he killed his laci

Re: looking for a lifetime partner

Joy N. on 2/05/06 at 23:49 (192943)

-IM LOOKING FOR A HUSBAND WHICH IS FINANCIALLY SECURED AND WILLING TO BE A GOOD FATHER OF MY 3 CHIDRENS. A HUSBAND WHO CAN ACCEPT FRO WHAT I AM. A HUSBAND WHO CAN GIVE ME AND MY CHILDRENS A GOOD FUTURE. tHIS IS MY CONTACT NUMBER. 00971-50-3369518. IM A FILIPINA. 32 YEARS OLD. RECENTLY WORKING HERE IN DUBAI AS SECRETARY.