Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf-surgery

Posted by marlas on 3/19/05 at 14:40 (171583)

I had the surgery 10 weeks ago, a heelspur removed. I had 5 cortizone shots,one every month for 5 months. Than I told the Dr. I couldnt take it anymore. Lets do the surgery. Well after 10 weeks, I am better, Its a long recovery. I still have little pain, but nothing like before. So I hope in time, it will just go away as I am loosing weight also. I do go to the gym and walk on the treadmill and have a night sprint brace, i wear it when i sit down to watch tv at night. It helps stretch out my foot.

Re: pf-surgery

sak on 3/19/05 at 22:01 (171608)

Hi! I have heel spurs on both heels as well as one real bad pf the other isn't much of a problem. How soon after the removal were you able to go to the gym? And what about walking on concrete or uneven surfaces? Glad to hear about your success!

JB1947 on 3/20/05 at 08:53 (171616)

I also would like to know about walking on the treadmill AT A VERY SLOW PACE? My PF flares up after I start using the treadmill at 2.0. The podaitrists here recommend NOT using the treadmill and since I followed there advice my PF foot is healing. Even though I have heel spurs on both heels, my real problem developed after a PF rupture(from cortisone shots?)and continued walking after the shot. I would love to some day be able to slowly walk on the treadmill again. Maybe different tennis shoes with my orthotics would be the answer after my PF rupture COMPLETELY heals?

sak on 3/20/05 at 22:16 (171642)

Hi, how did you know the PF ruptured and what were the symptoms? I'm having something wierd now, the PF got swollen when all I did was sit and watch a little league game while icing it. When i came home it was pounding and after 2 hours rest, got up and it was still swollen and pounding...

JB1947 on 3/21/05 at 05:42 (171645)

MRI showed a 'severe advanced tear'.

DonnaG on 3/23/05 at 11:28 (171826)

Sak, my pf ruptured last Sept. I had to be in a walking cast for 3 weeks to give it a chance to heal. How I knew mine had ruptured was I turned around quickly to go answer the phone and something 'popped' in my foot. It felt like a rubber band had snapped. It was really painful at the time it happened. Up to this point, I still have pain in my heel. I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon today to discuss possible endoscopic partial release surgery. I am not sure that I am going to have it done. When my pf ruptured, it was similar to having the surgery and since it is still sore, I am not sure that it will help. Good luck with your pf.
Donna