Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sinus Tarsi Implant

Posted by Jubi on 3/21/05 at 10:08 (171672)

Does anyone have any information or has had this implant put in their ankle.

Re: Sinus Tarsi Implant

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/21/05 at 13:58 (171707)

Jubi:
This type if implant is inserted to limit overpronation (inward roll) of the back of the foot. It is rarely a stand alone procedure as its effectiveness as a sole procedure is limited. Considering that, a second opinion should be considered to see if an orhtotic would accomplish the same thing, atruamatically.
Ed

Jubi on 3/21/05 at 15:36 (171716)

I have tried 7 pairs of CUSTOM orthotics with no improvement.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/22/05 at 16:29 (171786)

Jubi:
The implant coupled with an orthotic or the implant coupled with another, more 'powerful' procedure would make more sense than isolated use of the implant. Has you doctor discussed that issue with you?
ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/22/05 at 17:12 (171787)

Are you the same Jubi as on the bottom of this page who had several surgeries? If so, it is really time for a good second opinion.
ed

Jubi on 3/23/05 at 08:57 (171813)

I have been to 8 DPM's and 3 orthropedic surgeons, have not had any success with pain relief as of yet. I am consulting with a new DPM tomorrow to see what he thinks might be the problem. Thanks for your help.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/23/05 at 20:57 (171855)

Jubi:
That is a lot of opinions. Sometimes the quality of the opinion means more than the number of opinions. How much information do you know about the person you are seeing?
Ed

Jubi on 3/24/05 at 09:17 (171875)

I have been to Dr's. Zingas and Manoli and neither one of them could offer any good advise (There bed side manner was awful) Dr. Manoli did a gastro slide which caused my whole calf to develope scar tissue and would not do anything to help me. Another DPM injected my calf with cortisone, which helped a great deal. Dr. Zingas sent me for PT which help slightly, so he did not want to see me again. Every doctor thinks a have PF (never had first step pain in the morning) My pain always starts when I am on my feet to long time. The pain is always on the medial insertion of heel, sometimes causes my foot to burn. EMG confirmed TTS on left foot only, but have the same symptoms in the right foot. Dr. Michael Graham is the new DPM I will seeing, saw in advertisment about him in the newspaper. He has a website- Hyprocure.com. Hopefully he may have some answers.

Ralph on 3/24/05 at 11:34 (171885)

Jubi,
Something that you might not have thought of. Dr. Zingas is a member of Dr. Z's ESWT group so they probably know each other.

Perhaps you could give Dr. Z permission to get your medical records from Dr. Zingas. I'm talking office to office stuff now not posting your personal records on this site.

After actually seeing your medical records from Dr. Zingas, Dr. Z may be in a better position to provide you with more complete answers. Knowing Dr. Z, I doubt Dr. Zingas would have a problem discussing your case with him, but you have to give them permission to do this.

You know doctor to doctor talk. As I say it's just a thought, but since they know each other it may be an advantage for you to have the two of them discuss your situation prior to having additional treatment which sounds like an additional surgery.

Tina B. on 3/25/05 at 15:49 (171961)

Jubi, I just saw Dr. Michael Graham as a result of a newspaper article too. I was just wondering how your appointment went, what your impression was of the procedures.

Jubi on 3/28/05 at 08:20 (172046)

My appointment got reschedule for tomorrow, I will let you know then.

Tina on 4/05/05 at 04:33 (172619)

How did the appointment go?

Heather C on 8/06/05 at 22:53 (180163)

I just had the procedure done...any questions?