Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Training shoes for PF

Posted by Mark on 3/22/05 at 07:50 (171747)

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good pair of trainers anywhere in the UK for comfort with PF and the insertion of orthotics

Thanks
Mark

Re: Good Training shoes for PF

Julie on 3/22/05 at 09:52 (171754)

Mark

I've found North Face Targas perfect. It's a walking/hiking shoe with a high toe box (plenty of room for orthotics) comfortable width for my wide-ish feet, good cushioning and support, and deep, thick tread. If you live in London there's a good selection at the North Face shop in Southampton Street, Covent Garden, or at Ellis Brigham across the street.

That's a personal recommendation: no-one else here wears them as far as I know, but I've been happy with them for several years, equally so on London pavements and Cretan mountains.

Others have recommended New Balance, which come in a variety of styles, so you need to buy at a shop that has well-trained staff who know the difference and know about foot problems - Run and Become is a good one, and I've found Ellis Brigham helpful too. Brooks are popular too, again in various styles.

I'm sure other poster will have ideas for you.

Re: Good Training shoes for PF

Mark on 3/24/05 at 13:39 (171891)

Thank You, Julie