Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Great Mat for your feet

Posted by Rose on 3/22/05 at 14:46 (171780)

The other day my husband brought home this interlocking matting from the swap meet and put it on the kitchen floor. It covered most of it and he wanted to see if it felt good on my feet. Well, after a day or two, I could not believe how wonderful my feet felt standing in the kitchen for a while. Huge huge difference. Several days later he went to Costco and got a package to finish the floor and put on an edging.
I wanted to share this with you because I have quite painful feet, even 18 months after open release PF surgery. I avoided standing as much as possible in the kitchen. Now I am finding myself there by the sink longer and longer. It feels much better on my feet than even our nice plush carpet that has a double pad in most of the house. Simply a wonderful find that I wanted to share with everybody.
Copying off the package...I will share this with anybody who might be interested. It is called anit-fatigue foam flooring. It is lightweight, waterproof, easy to clean and shock absorbing. I covers up to 24 square feet and is interlocking with borders. I suppose it might be at places like Home Depot and maybe even Walmart, but I have not checked. But make sure it is foam...as, according to my husband, this is what makes the diffeence with other mats we have tried.

Re: Great Mat for your feet

Kathy G on 3/25/05 at 09:44 (171951)

Thanks for the tip, Rose. It's always good to hear of something that helps others. I hope your pain lessens and you can stand at the sink as long as you like, without pain!