Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Fed Up

Posted by Mar on 3/23/05 at 10:42 (171823)

I just returned to the board today after a long time, just to see what's up and if there are any new treatments out yet. I read your post about your frustration at ESWT. I too was told that 'I have no doubt I can get rid of your heel pain and probably after one treatment!' After 2 treatments there was no relief. I am still in pain -- the ESWT was 3 years ago. However, it was worth a try, although I wish insurance would have paid some of the exorbitant cost. Good luck to us both! Mar

Re: To Fed Up

Dr. Z on 3/23/05 at 23:49 (171859)

Hi,

Its Dr. Z . Take a look at Cryotherapy.

vince on 3/24/05 at 16:13 (171901)

Have you explored RFL- radio frequency lesioning- Some podies use it for treating PF.

Mar on 3/24/05 at 17:35 (171910)

Hi Dr Z -

I did some brief looking on the internet and only see it mentioned for skin lesions and cancer treatment. I'll keep looking. I did see that it said one must be careful in areas around motor nerves, which has been the fear that has stopped me from trying the RFL. Since my bunion surgery and ESWT turned out to be atypical, I am very hesitant to have a procedure with serious risks. At least I can do some walking now. If motor nerves were damaged, I'd really be sunk! Thanks for your suggesiton though. Mar

Dr. Z on 3/24/05 at 21:48 (171919)

I believe you ESWT doctor ( Wishnie) does this procedure. You may want to contact him

Mar on 3/25/05 at 07:46 (171931)

I read some of the back posts on the cryosurgery. The RFL burns the sensory part of the nerves and the crysurgery freezes it. Aside from the temperature, is this essentially the same procedure -- to kill the sensory part of the nerve? Mar