Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planter fibroma questions

Posted by Don on 3/24/05 at 13:21 (171889)

It all started about 3 years ago when i was first diagnosed with it on my right foot. First cortisone injection lasted 3 months, the second which was stronger lasted me almost two and a half years. As of right now I feel three more on the bottom of my right foot, next to the origional one. And one on my left foot, making a total of five. From my understanding you shouldnt have more than 3 shots of cortisone in a years time. Would each area require a seperate shot? Are there any alternatives to the shot other than an alchohol injection? How about a topical cream or soaking foot in salt water? I know about the special shoes out there, but due to work i need to wear non conductive safty toe boots. Any help much appreciated. Thank you

Re: Planter fibroma questions

Marre on 3/24/05 at 15:34 (171896)

Sorry Don, I don't know the answer, but I am tagging on your message to ask: how do you know if what you have is a fibroma or just typical PF inflammation? I had PF, and it's better, what remains is a painful lump in my arch. Doesn't hurt to walk on, but does when massaged. Hasn't responded to icing, massaging or rest.

Would an Xray be helpful?

thanks