Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Interesting Product

Posted by John H on 3/25/05 at 12:07 (171955)

I have seen discussions on this device on all networks. Since it is a money back guarantee I will give it a go and report back. Can be used on shoulders, back,knee and other places of pain and penetrates several inches:

Re: Interesting Product

james n on 3/25/05 at 12:33 (171956)

i built my own device using a medical approved laser diode. laaser diodes are more expensive but the light output is very tightly controlled. my laser is not like a laser pointer, its more like a flashlight beam. it is helping with chronic forearm tendonitis. try it, let us know how it works.

John H on 3/25/05 at 12:57 (171957)

James I think this one is converted from 120v to 12v but not sure. It uses a 4' pad with the attached diodes so could be applied anywhere including the plantar tendon on the bottom of the foot. I found it on Web MD. Should have it by Wednesday of next week. What do you have the diodes attached to and is it on 120v or 12v? Do you know the frequency of your diodes?

Ralph on 3/25/05 at 13:37 (171959)

Interesting James. Are you giving thought to marketing your device?

james n on 3/25/05 at 16:18 (171964)

nah. its not really mine. its on permanent loan. i know a electrical engineer in town. i watch his kids. he put it together for me. no way i could afford all of the parts for this thing. it'd cost 3 grand. i am talking to a pt here in oklahoma city about getting the shockwawe therapy. j. norris.

john h on 3/26/05 at 09:47 (171980)

There are a lot of them on the market all the way up to $5000. Used in some hospitals and PT offices.

Ed Davis. DPM on 3/27/05 at 03:22 (172006)

There are quite a few on the market as your mention. I would question any of the very high priced units since the production of infrared light is not a tecnichally complex phenomenon.

One general observation relates to the depth of penetration of the light
which seems to make it more efficacious in medical problems that do not require that the light penetrate a significant depth.

SandyB on 4/03/05 at 23:59 (172532)

Check out this website to build your own for under 100.00. Plans cost 10.00 or so and parts run less than 80.00. The website gives some specs. http://www.excel.net/~jaguar/relaxerinfo.html