Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My second ESWT experience

Posted by Nicole V.R. on 3/30/05 at 17:00 (172206)

Hi everyone! I was part of the original OssaTron Gang, going to Canada with Scott and the others in February 2000 for a good foot zapping. I had the left foot done with 100% success. I injured my right foot a little more than a year ago after taking up 'Jazzercise.' (Duh! I don't recommend that anyone with a PF history attempt this.) Shortly after, I found out I was pregnant, so I couldn't treat the foot aggressively and it continued to get worse. I contacted Dr. Z's office recently and they referred me to a podiatrist closer to home, Dr. Simms (Philadelphia area). Excellence Shock Wave Therapy treated my foot yesterday with the Dornier. Dr. Simms and the technician (sorry I forget his name) really were excellent! The procedure was painless (although you wouldn't know it from the way I jumped at every little touch - just having flashbacks of the last time). Today I'm pain free. I don't visit this site much any more but just thought I'd give an update and share my experiences with those who may be considering ESWT. Good luck to all!

Re: My second ESWT experience

Ralph on 3/30/05 at 17:22 (172209)

Nicole,
Do you know how many others in that group had 100% success in Canada like you did? Did you all keep in touch?

Dr. Z on 3/30/05 at 19:18 (172217)

Ask Scott. At one time he did a report of all patients. I want to say it was 67% Excellent/ Good at 12 weeks. I can't remember.

Ed Davis, DPM on 3/31/05 at 19:27 (172331)

Nicole:
Good to hear about your experiences. We just don't see much of a failure rate with ESWT. ScottR , perhaps I am missing it, but I just can't seem to remember and find the 'conclusion' of your personal story concerning your plantar fasciitis...
Ed

scott r on 4/01/05 at 09:45 (172360)

my feet are good now

Re: To Scott r. My second ESWT experience

Ralph on 4/01/05 at 10:04 (172361)

Scott,
How many treatments to get them to what you are calling 'good now' and how much time passed after the original Canadian treatment, if that was the only one you had, did it take to reach 'good now'. Does your 'good now' mean you are totally pain free?

Also if you had more than one ESWT treatment did you switch machines or still have treatment with the Ossatron?