Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just when you think you are doing something good for yourself.

Posted by Ralph on 3/31/05 at 09:04 (172259)

To me there is NO excuse for this type of thing to happen.

By JENNIFER C. YATES, Associated Press Writer

MONROEVILLE, Pa. - A suburban Pittsburgh hospital is urging about 200 patients who had colonoscopies during a four-month span to get tested for hepatitis and the virus that causes AIDS because the instruments may not have been disinfected adequately.

Re: Just when you think you are doing something good for yourself.

Tina H on 3/31/05 at 10:05 (172263)

Do you know what hospital, and when the time period was? I had a colonoscopy recently at a Pittsburgh hospital. I'm not worried though too much about the Aids aspect, think the chance of getting that in this manner are slim, but the hepatitis is another story. Was the hospital in Monroeville or was that just where the press release was issued. Funny that I didn't hear anything on the news. Thanks, Tina H

Ralph on 3/31/05 at 11:27 (172284)

Tina,
The dates were given. Wasn't thinking I should have linked to the article.
It was 'on the news' section front page of yahoo this morning. Can't find it again. I'd call the facility you went to and ask them. It's probably the easiest since I can't come up with the article. I'll keep looking. I certainly wasn't thinking. Sorry.

Tina H on 3/31/05 at 12:18 (172293)

Hi Ralph, I found it on the front page of today's paper. Thanks, it wasn't the hospital I went to. Too bad for those people! Tina

marie on 4/01/05 at 17:18 (172390)

That is awful!

marie