Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey folks, my modem is slowly dying.......

Posted by Kathy G on 3/31/05 at 11:33 (172287)

The problem is with my modem, not Verizon. My modem was supplied by AOL and they finally believed me and are sending me a new one. I got on today by installing and reinstalling it for about twenty-five minutes. I feel cut off from civilization. The power light on my modem is growing dimmer and dimmer so I think I won't be on for much longer.

Hope everyone is well and I'll talk to you all when I get up and running.

I know you all missed me terribly so I thought I'd let you know what was up!D)

Re: Hey folks, my modem is slowly dying.......

Kathy G on 3/31/05 at 11:34 (172288)

That was supposed to be :D These emoticons are more than I can handle!

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/05 at 11:56 (172289)

We understand and hope you can get a new (or fixed) modem up and running soon! It's awful to feel cut off like that.

Years ago who would have thought that the internet could become such a Big Deal? I remember when I got my first computer, people would say, 'What are you going to use a computer for?' ROFL I hope they are re-thinking that point of view. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D. on 3/31/05 at 18:29 (172325)

Yes, I did miss you, Kathy! I am glad that you wrote today and hope that it won't be long before you have your new modem installed.

I've been helping my daughter and her husband move into a new home during our spring break from school. My feet and legs sure did hurt last night after too much carrying and walking. But they feel better today, and I'm happy for them with the new house.

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Re: Carole...

Suzanne D. on 3/31/05 at 18:35 (172326)

Carole, as I mentioned in my post to Kathy in this thread, I have been helping my daughter and her husband move into a new house this week. I thought of you several times, remembering your move and your descriptions and pictures. I found myself thinking a couple of times, 'Now how would Carole have handled this so that she didn't strain her feet too much?' You are always so practical and scientific about what you do, and I admire that!

I did too much yesterday, and my feet really hurt last night. Not particularly PF pain, just pain all over the feet and legs. I still had two Naproxin tablets from my last prescription a couple of years ago, so I took one last night which helped.

Are things warm in New Orleans? We've had beautiful weather since Tuesday, but it is supposed to rain and be cooler tomorrow.

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/05 at 19:48 (172332)

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your feet and legs are in such pain. Good idea to take Naproxin, and elevating your feet can help, too. Since it's not particularly PF pain, you may feel better soon! I sure hope so.

It's been very pleasant in New Orleans this week, thanks for asking! I've been wearing sandals (my Birkenstock Fuldas) to work every day this week. Sometimes I think I will never run out of sandals, since I bought so many Birkenstocks back in 2002, when my PF was so bad. My Granadas are about shot, though.

It's supposed to be stormy here too, tonight, but nice by tomorrow afternoon.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 3/31/05 at 19:50 (172333)

How exciting that they have a new house! I'm happy for them too. Moving can be such fun, and so exciting (except for all the work! LOL)

Carole C

John H on 4/01/05 at 11:14 (172368)

Carole bet you do not have as many as I do. My closet looks like a Birkenstock store or better yet a ladies shoe closet. As they are so cheap on the German site it is hard to pass up a good deal. I tend to wear the same pair every day and wear them out and move on the the next pair. My old ones move to the garage where they become my yard work shoes.

Carole C in NOLA on 4/01/05 at 12:48 (172376)

John, you probably have more than any of us! I have six pairs: Arizonas, Fuldas, Amsterdams, Floridas, my beat up Granadas, and one other pair that I can't remember right now. Must not be my favorites. LOL

I tend to wear the same pair for a couple of months, and then go to another pair just for variety's sake. A different pair always feels so good. But I really like the way my Granadas LOOKED... so much more feminine than other Birkenstocks, in my opinion... so when my PF got better, I tended to always choose them. That's why they're shot.

My Fuldas are very nice looking and would look great on a guy. I feel like a lumberjack wearing them! Maybe I'll start wearing my Floridas again in a week or two.

I am going to have to get a shoe rack (and in fact, Bed Bath and Beyond has a nice adjustable one that was on sale recently). Maybe I'll take my coupon and go get it. My closet floor is just a heap of mixed up shoes, and it's hard to find what I want.

I wear my SAS shoes with orthotics for yard work. They give me better protection for my toes than my Birkenstocks.

Carole C

Julie on 4/01/05 at 14:39 (172380)

Carole, I have six pairs of Arizonas! They live in different places - one lives in the kitchen, where I change between my outdoor and indoor shoes, one stays in my teaching room, one is in a bag full of yoga stuff that I take to workshops that I give or attend, and one is in Crete. They are different colours and textures, so not exactly the same.

I've forgotten where the other two are - I must have a look for them.

Maybe it's time for a change. What are the Granadas like?

Carole C in NOLA on 4/01/05 at 18:10 (172393)

Julie, here's a photo:

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/products/style.cfm/id.010420051606-492000/style.Granada/collectionsub1.Slip%2DOn/collection.Classic

I have the 'cocoa nubuck' ones and I think the small straps look very feminine, especially with polished toenails. They also look nice for a casual evening out, and I even wore mine to my brother's wedding back in my PF days.

Carole C

JudyS on 4/02/05 at 00:57 (172413)

Carole - I like those Birks in the link you posted. My single pair of Birks, purchased four years ago, is very much like them. I'm one of those rare folks who doesn't do well with Birks - hence just the one pair.

Julie on 4/02/05 at 01:46 (172418)

They're lovely, Carole, and yes, very feminine. Thank you!