Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur and bare feet

Posted by penG on 4/01/05 at 19:29 (172394)

Is it ok to go bare feet when you have heel spur???

Re: heel spur and bare feet

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/01/05 at 22:02 (172404)

Not if one has biomechanical problems that require orhtotic use.
Ed

SteveG on 4/01/05 at 22:02 (172405)

No - you should have some support to take some of the strain off the fascia. This could include an orthodic or Birkenstocks. There are some good over the counter orthodics, like Superfeet.

Julie on 4/02/05 at 01:20 (172415)

No, it isn't, because the absence of a heel puts additional strain on the already overloaded plantar fascia, and increases the risk of further microtears at its insertion point in the heelbone. Good quality shoes with support and cushioning are best, and orthotics if they are needed to correct a biomechanical problem.

peng on 4/02/05 at 21:49 (172466)

thanks for the information.

james p on 4/06/05 at 10:40 (172705)

hello ed davis dpm

i have heel spurs and you tell me of an exercise to do so help heal my foot working and wear workboot alot and am working on looseing weight i am from canada is there a place where i can buy thee POWERSTEP INSERTS and is there any home remedies to use for during the day and night if needed to>

thank_you for you time in advance

Dave on 4/06/05 at 21:20 (172734)

my orthodics should be in any day now. I have tried everything except custom orthodics to cure my heel pain. Can these really correct the mechanical problems I am having with my foot (feet)?

Desperate in western new york..

Dave