Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HELP! Pllease TraditionalSurgery planned but need info on ESWT

Posted by caulie on 4/07/05 at 11:46 (172758)

Hi,

I just heard I have the opportunity to have ESWT paid for possibly. I would need to cancel my traditional surgery for bone spurs of the great toe (which is 4/14/05), so any fast resonses would be greatly appreciated. I have alwys found it hard to get info on ESWT being used for bone spurs of the great toe and at the great toe joint. I know ESWT is used for Heel spurs. How successful (What percntage) is it on heel spurs. How often may it need to be redone. Is the cost any less expensive when done additional times. Does the procedure cost less in different locations. I'm in RI and sountherm Ma (the Northeast). What is the cheapest you canhave it done for and where, and is there anyway to reducet he costs?

Thanks

Re: HELP! Pllease TraditionalSurgery planned but need info on ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 4/07/05 at 12:45 (172763)

Hi
ESWT is used for plantar fasciosis and other tendopathies of the foot, knee, elbow and shoulder.

NOT used for big toe joint spurs. Sorry . If you want information about ESWT for heel pain and other areas of the body just e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)