Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

iMovie Theatre / The Beatles Directory

Posted by marie on 4/07/05 at 21:26 (172812)

The Beatles

Thought ya'll may enjoy this link!

best wishes marie

Re: iMovie Theatre / The Beatles Directory

marie on 4/07/05 at 21:31 (172813)

Testing.........hope I don't get in trouble for this.

Re: iMovie Theatre / The Beatles Directory

Suzanne D. on 4/08/05 at 08:38 (172822)

Thank you, Marie; I enjoyed watching that little video! It was really neat the way the different scenes from past and present were edited together. I watched it twice.

Seeing that brought back memories. I remember watching The Beatles on t.v. for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show at my grandparents' house. My grandmother shook her head and said, 'Oh, mercy, John (my grandfather). What is this world coming to? Look at all that hair!' :)

I remember saving my money and getting a few Beatles' cards with a stick of gum like with baseball cards. Sure would be nice to still have those! They would probably be collectors' items.

Today's my last day of spring break. Got to get busy on some projects that I need to complete.

Suzanne :)

Re: The Beatles

Kathy G on 4/09/05 at 08:53 (172880)

I can't get the audio, Marie, but I, too, remember the night the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan. It was my best friend's birthday and I'd stayed the night before at her house. Her parents just didn't know what to make of it all. For my part, I was furious at the girls for screaming because I couldn't hear the music! My parents kind of took the whole thing in stride.

I had a wonderful uncle who died from a sudden aneurysm about a month after that performance. Shortly before his death I had written him a letter and mentioned how much I liked the Beatle's music and he responded, saying that he just didn't understand how a 'smart kid like me, with good taste in music' could like the Beatles! He was a Kingston Trio fan and when he died, his wife gave me his albums.

Thanks for the happy memories, Marie!