Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

rupture of plantar fascia

Posted by Monica Knight on 4/11/05 at 10:35 (172954)

Most web sites and research information that I have found says that in 6 to 8+ weeks a person should be back to their normal activities after the release of PF. I had a 'NATURAL' release. It just tore all on its own. No trauma. It has been years now! Why do I still have so much pain? Is their a new or experimental procedure to make me a new PF?

Re: rupture of plantar fascia

Dr. Z on 4/11/05 at 11:07 (172959)

In alot of cases the plantar fascia doesn't heal or is poorly healed at the insertion. Sometimes there is other damage to the foot that needs to be evaluated however if you have a tear at the insertion and the pain is still there. and you are having pain when you first get up in the morning or after any period of sitting. If the anwer to this question is yes then ESWT could be your treatment solution. If you would like addtional information please don't hestitate to ask or e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed).

Monica Knight on 4/11/05 at 11:49 (172965)

MRI results:
1. Finding consisent with complete tear of the pf with marked thickening and retraction of the fascial fragments as described.
2. Stenosing tencsynovitis with the peroneal tendons distal to the lateral maileoius.
3. Probable chronic tear of the anteriot talofibular ligament with fluid within the lateral gutter.

All the doctors say, wear your orthotics, do your stretches, anti-inflammitory med's and stay off your feet. Can they not fix something?

Dr. Z on 4/11/05 at 14:29 (172987)

It is possible that the ankle instability with the peroneal problems either with a brace physical therapy or surgery to correct the ligament and tendon problems

Monica Knight on 4/11/05 at 15:17 (172988)

The MRI was done in 2003. Is it to late for repairs? I have an appt. in 3 weeks with a new doctor. Now, I am having the same problems with the other foot. Pain and swelling in the exact same spot. What are the odds of this happening to both feet? I have very high arches and my BMI is 36 0/0. I have quit my job because I am unable to be on my feet. And this is causing more weight gain. Maybe I need to look into gastric bypass.

Monica Knight on 4/11/05 at 15:55 (172992)

My husband has a EXOGEN 2000+ that his physician refers to as a bone stimulator that he used for stress frx. Is this the same machine used in ESWT?

Dr Ben Pearl on 4/12/05 at 07:02 (173017)

no, many eswt units but not this one