Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How long should I wait to see doctor?

Posted by Sandra on 4/12/05 at 12:05 (173050)

I called two podiatrists in town and I can't get in for two weeks. I know this is what I have. I have anextensive history that I won't bore you with, but I do have plantar fasc??? in both feet. Then last week I got up and 3 monrings I couldn't hardly walk. Now my inside ankle is swollen, my foothurts and I looked up the symptoms and it pointed me directly to TTS. My orthotics apparently are not helping! How dangerous is this condition? Thanks.

Re: How long should I wait to see doctor?

elliott on 4/12/05 at 12:14 (173051)

Sandra, two weeks is certainly worth waiting if the doc is any good. But you say, 'Then last week I got up and 3 monrings I couldn't hardly walk. Now my inside ankle is swollen, my foothurts and I looked up the symptoms and it pointed me directly to TTS.' Well, it's possible you need a better compass. :-) Do you have any specific nervy pain?

john h on 4/12/05 at 18:40 (173086)

I was talking to man today who had a knee replacement three years ago. The Doctor who replaced the knee just recently died. HIs new Doctor now says he needs a new replacement after three years because the first one was installed improperly. I have heard there is a 10 year guaranatee on knee replacements of 10 years but I assume it is for the device itself?? Anyway the guy is out of luck and will have a new replacement in June.

Kathy G on 4/14/05 at 07:59 (173159)

Sandra,

Perhaps a visit or a phonecall to your PCP might be beneficial. He/She might be willing to expedite matters for you.

As to whether it's dangerous to wait or not, I suggest you post the question, if you haven't already, to the TTS board or the Doctors' board. Many of us with PF are not familiar enough with TTS to give good advice.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!