Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surprise party

Posted by Necee on 4/13/05 at 01:12 (173110)

We got the surprise of our lives Saturday!

Our close friends gave us a surprise housewarming party. They had called to let us know that they wanted to come see the house, thank goodness they did...otherwise I probably would have been outside doing yardwork all hot and sweaty, with no makeup and work clothes on. She had told me they would get there around 2:30....well, at 2:45 a caravan of cars came up the county road towards our house, they were all honking their horns, I counted at least 12 cars, so you can imagine the noise they were making! They had planned to have everyone meet in town, and drive to our place in the country in caravan style...the neighbors who lived on our road were waiting at the end of their driveways, and joined the caravan as it passed by their homes.
I rushed out the back door in complete shock. I saw cousins and friends that I haven't seen in a long time, it was just wonderful. They all brought snacks, sodas, cakes, cookies and punch, by the time I finished hugging everyone they had already set up the tables on the porch, and were ready to serve the snacks. Family, friends and neighbors continued to drop by all afternoon, the weather was perfect for such an outdoor occasion. My friend who got this whole thing up, had a mutual friend take pictures of the whole days events and they are making an album for us.
They had placed a white picture frame mat on the entryway table for everyone to sign....we all got in the front yard and had a group picture taken, that picture will go in the mat. There were lots of pictures taken, and I'm hoping to have them up on Shutterfly as soon as they get them to me.
The thing that I was most surprised about is.....this has been in the planning stages for months, everyone knew about it but me and my husband....not one person let it slip. I just love surprises, so this was a real treat for me. I just had to let ya'll know about our exciting weekend.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Surprise party

Carole C in NOLA on 4/13/05 at 11:14 (173121)

What fun! I hope that somebody took pictures. As time passes it will be so much fun to reminisce about the surprise party 'way back when'. :)

Carole C

Susan on 4/13/05 at 11:37 (173125)

That was wonderful! It sounds like something out of a movie! And of course your house could be in a movie too.

Suzanne D. on 4/13/05 at 15:57 (173137)

How very special for you, Necee! Thanks for telling us about your surprise party. You must have some nice friends and relatives.

Suzanne :)

JudyS on 4/13/05 at 19:48 (173141)

Oh my gosh Necee - what fun that must have been!

But.........did they forget to invite us? Don't they know that people with sore feet really, really love parties? :)

Necee on 4/13/05 at 23:27 (173153)

You mean you didn't get your invitation? Well....in that case, we'll just have to do it all over again.

Ya'll come!!!!!!!!

Happy trails....

Necee