Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need Advice--Cortisone?

Posted by Marre on 4/18/05 at 17:23 (173376)

Hi, I've posted here before and always got good advice.

My Pf is nearly resolved after nine months of rest, ice, custom orthotics, yoga, etc. The only symptom I have now is a bit of swelling and tenderness in the arch, right where the fascia attaches. No morning pain/pain while walking at all (yay!). It only hurts when I touch the area (to see if it still hurts, I'm compulsive I guess) not during activity. If I walk a bit farther than usual, the tenderness increases more and if I were to run, which I have had to quit doing, it would increase quite a bit more.

Is this just PF's last gasp that I need to wait out? Or something else? I am seeing a doctor, but he keeps saying just to rest, ice, etc. I haven't had any x rays or cortisone shots.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Marre

Re: Need Advice--Cortisone?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/18/05 at 22:37 (173388)

Marre:
Physical therapy may be an option for you at this stage.
Ed

Re: Need Advice--Cortisone?

THERESA D on 4/18/05 at 22:52 (173393)

INJURIED MY FOOT ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO. THE DR'S SAY IT'S PF. HAVE BEEN DOING THE ICE , RESTING MY FOOT , USING CRUTCHES SO THERE IS MIN. WT BEARING, AND STILL CAN'T PUT WT ON MY HEEL. JUST STARTED TO USE A ROCKER BOOT( NOT SURE IF THAT IS PROPER NAME) . SHOULD I THINK ABOUT GETTING CORTISONE INJECTION?