Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

cyrosurgery

Posted by good on 4/24/05 at 21:27 (173671)

I have had PF for almost two years now and have tried about everything, exercises, cortisone shots, orthodics, etc. I had cyrosurgery in January and it worked beautifully. No pain. However, over the last two weeks the pain is starting to return. Should we do cyrosurgery again. It was pretty expensive, but it did help. Should it have lasted longer? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: cyrosurgery

Dr. Z on 4/24/05 at 22:35 (173675)

Hi
A repeat treatment is an option. Are you limping when you first get up in the morning.? Did you ever have that first step morning type pain ?

Mar on 4/25/05 at 07:27 (173685)

Good -

This is not very encouraging, as I am scheduled for cryosurgery in a few weeks. However, I have a question - is the pain in the same exact places as before? My doctor said he would do another cryo for free if I had additional pain up to 6 months, because it would likely mean that he missed some pain spots the first time. Call your doctor and see what he says. Good luck -- Mar

good on 4/25/05 at 08:38 (173689)

The pain seems to come and go and is in the heel area. It is hard to tell if it is exactly where it was before or not. The morning pain is not as bad as it was before cryosurgery, but after being pain free for a couple of months and then to have it start up again is discouraging. It is first step pain and then just different times during the day. Maybe, the doctor did miss some spots.

dr wishnie on 4/25/05 at 12:16 (173698)

cryotherapy works on the areas of pain. Your pain might be in a slightly new place. We do not charge out of pocket for a second treatment. Maybe your doc won't either.

Mar on 4/25/05 at 16:57 (173715)

Good -

I'm sure you must be very discouraged. Call your doc and discuss it. It seems odd that you were painfree and in such a short time, you have pain. I hope you can get the pain resolved and I will be interested in hearing the results. Mar