Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Healthy_Soul on 4/26/05 at 06:02 (173746)

I would like everyone who has heel pain or plantar fasciitis to consider something that helped me. They are called '[product name has been deleted due to being spam]s' and rightfully so because they are not your typical orthotic, but believe me they worked for me.

They are cushions that fit right under your heel in your shoe and all I know is that when I walk I don't feel any pain, it feels like I am walking on a pillow. I have been wearing them now for over 3 months and my heel is so much better that I can now walk without them but today's shoes are so poorly cushioned that I don't take the chance because I don't want the pain to come back.

I bought them from ; _www.[product name has been deleted due to being spam]s.com_ (http://www.[product name has been deleted due to being spam]s.com) and they cost me $15.00 but work better than a $500 custom insert.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Mar on 4/26/05 at 07:21 (173750)

Tried this website and it can't be found. Is it spelled correctly? Mar

Robin F on 4/26/05 at 08:55 (173754)

No offense, but how do we know you aren't the creator of [product name has been deleted due to being spam]'s and you're just trying to increase your sales?

Ralph on 4/26/05 at 09:08 (173755)

Robin,
Plug in the word [product name has been deleted due to being spam]'s on the search available on this site and you can read what others have to say about the product. My take is that they tend to show up from time to time with different people listed as posters.

People in P.F. pain try most anything to rid themselves of it just to get some kind of comfort. The price to try them is certainly small compared to that of all the various custom orthotics which were seemly suggested to poster Larry by each and every doctor he visited.

You are right to be skeptical of any product because from my reading here there is no 100% guarantee that any thing from surgery and ESWT to hillbillys will provide relief.

My take on what you try is how much you are willing to spend to be delighted or disappointed with the results achieved.

Julie on 4/26/05 at 10:15 (173759)

I think the point is that someone who is marketing something should identify him or herself as such, and not purport to be a heel pain sufferer 'sharing' knowledge about what has been helpful.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that the '[product name has been deleted due to being spam]' advocates have been marketeers, not fellow sufferers.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/26/05 at 15:55 (173777)

Julie:
That is why the docs and those interested are bringing up certain questions. Not to discourage posters but to benefit readers by tring to differentiate advertisers from those introducing a quality modality; to educate everyone about the merits of a modality or device.
Ed

Julie on 4/27/05 at 02:08 (173814)

Of course.

Re: SPAM PLEASE DELETE

Liboralis on 4/27/05 at 12:19 (173828)

This is a bunch of crap. Search on the word and you will see at least 3 different hit and run posters talking about this lame device. Funny thing is all 3 posters called it 'like walking on a pillow' Please dont let this site get abused and delete this hillbilly piece of foam

Re: SPAM PLEASE DELETE

Ed on 4/27/05 at 20:09 (173840)

I wish I had a dollar for every post on this board that recommended some kind of over the counter shoe insert. I must have tried 20 different brands and none of them worked.

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/27/05 at 20:25 (173843)

Julie:

Keep in mind that which is obvious to site veterans is not to many newbies. Every now and then I pretend that I am a newbie doing a web search on some health issue and it is truly amazing what amount of garbage one must wade through to get to decent information. I think that search engine technology has a long way to go. The much heralded 'Google' gets high marks for 'relevance' but the amount of ads one hits before getting to decent sites is very time consuming. Scott has a large site with lots of information that loads quickly so he gets a high rank on Google which is good. But when one starts looking up other maladies, searchers are not as fortunate.

Perhaps having posters use 'specialty' search engines such as a specific medical search engine may help. I will look for some when I get a chance.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/29/05 at 19:45 (173948)

I went to Google and typed in 'medical search engines.' Here is one: http://www.omnimedicalsearch.com/ Not bad but a bit skewed toward 4 or 5 sources and not sure if those sources are sponsored or not. I typed in 'heel pain' and did not see this site on the first two pages; considering that this is the largest site, I suspect that that engine is sponsored... The good thing is you don't have to wade through a zillion adds for nostrums. I will keep looking.
Ed

Re: Plantar Fasciitis -- here is an interesting article

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/29/05 at 19:53 (173949)

http://searchenginewatch.com/searchday/article.php/3319441