Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spurs

Posted by Pat I. on 4/27/05 at 20:22 (173842)

I have had severe accute attacks with this problem. In the past I have had the cortizone injections in both heels and said I would never go through that pain. It was only temporary relief and I have found that rest and ice has been as effective. This also seems to be in line with some soft tissue disease that includes a possitive ANA test. I feel very fatigued and inflammed all over. It seems to pass on it's on with, as I've said rest and ice.
P.S. A shoe with extra heal pad is a must.

Re: Heel Spurs

Robert J. Sanfilippo, DC, CCSP, ART on 4/28/05 at 19:28 (173894)

Pat, have you been examined for fibromyalgia?? You can get a positive ANA test with that but the best mode of diagnosis is palpatory findings and history. Feeling fatigued and inflammed are definite symptoms. The palpatory findings are multiple 'peas, knots' in major muscle groups in your body.

Having heel spurs and treating them with rest and ice will definitely make you feel better. Make sure you have your docotr treat the fascia of your feet and also evaluate the flexibility of your calf and hamstrings. Hope you feel better soon.