Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good Article.

Posted by Joe A on 4/29/05 at 14:07 (173929)

I just came across this article. It takes a different perspective than most I've read. Hopefully, you'll find it as interesting as I did.

http://sportscenteraustin.blogs.com/the_view/plantar_fasciitis_foot_pain/

Re: Good Article.

KW on 4/29/05 at 15:47 (173934)

Joe - This is a great article! I found it strange when I went to the doctor and she told me NOT to stretch for at least one month! Everything I had read before had said to stretch and I think that is what has gotten me into such trouble in the first place... I've been resting, simming, and wearing the night splint and I feel much better, but now I just need to find the best orthotics. Any advice/articles on that?

Joe A on 4/29/05 at 17:45 (173940)

Yes, the article says PF is really a 'sprain' - no one would recommend STRECHING your ankle when that is sprained! On the other hand its tricky though, because if you don't strech at all it seems to tighten up into a knot and will reinjure next time you walk on it.

I've seen lots of articles on orthotics. None really great that I would post. I think you should experiment. I did what Scott from this site suggested in his on-line book. I carefully folded up a bunch of paper and walked around with that for two days before I bought some Dr Scholl's Massing Gell heel cups. Are they helping, I think?? Actually, the paper was better because it was a little thicker! Go figure! :-)

I think the best thing is to experiment. It seems like many have very mixed opinions on the benefits of their orthotics. I guess, you have to do what's right for your foot. Start with Heel pads and arch supports.

Also from this site. I learned that really good running shoes have the some of the best built in orthotics. I've been wearing my running shoes now since last December. Giong back to my old shoes reminds me how bad they are quickly.

If you have old shoes, shoes with poor arch support, shoes that are too flexible etc replace those first as part of improving your orthotics.

Good luck.

Buck T. on 5/04/05 at 15:35 (174261)

Joe A. Good approach to pf. Thanks for posting article.

Sincerely Buck T.