Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Site is on track, working well-- need everyone's help

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 4/30/05 at 12:17 (173980)

I compared the site, over all to 18 months ago and even a few months ago.
This is about the smoothest I have seen things go. We finally have a practitioner of an alternative medical technique as a 'regular'.
Please encourage him to stay.
Ed

Re: Site is on track, working well-- need everyone's help

Dr. Z on 4/30/05 at 15:33 (173995)

It is working very well.

Suzanne D. on 5/01/05 at 08:27 (174013)

I appreciate the respectful, intelligent posts which Dr. Rob has contributed to other boards on this site. As a reader and poster here for almost four years, I welcome him and his expertise. I appreciate his time and energy in seeking to help people here.

Suzanne :)

Linda V on 5/01/05 at 13:29 (174028)

You have to admit though.....that the 'sparring' kept things lively. Vince is probably bored and wishing Dorothy and Pauline would come back.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/02/05 at 10:45 (174084)

Linda:
Friendly debate is educational to readers. It is important for readers to understand the background and biases of those involved in such debates.
Ed

Richard, C.Ped on 5/02/05 at 12:28 (174095)

He can stay if he participates in the tradition of buying all the professionals that answer questions here, a Subway sandwich.

Just kidding. ;-)

Julie on 5/02/05 at 12:44 (174102)

I don't know about Vince, but I wish Dorothy and Pauline would come back! But maybe *they* got bored...

Ed Davis. DPM on 5/02/05 at 17:25 (174120)

Julie:
It is not easy to keep Pauline entertained. She has a knowledgeable side and a mischevious side -- if we could only bring back the knowledgeable side...
Ed

Dr. Z on 5/02/05 at 20:56 (174136)

Seriously I really do wonder at times what happened with Pauline. I really don't think she would just stop posting.

Re: Pauline and Dorothy

Julie on 5/03/05 at 01:38 (174145)

I wonder too, Dr Z. Didn't you once have her email address and if so couldn't you try to find out how she id?

I understand why some people decide that they don't want contact and communication with others off the boards, but it's worrying and frustrating when a person you've been talking to and have got to know over several years simply vanishes. I am concerned about Pauline (I agree that it's unlikely she would just stop posting) and also about Dorothy, whose feelings were badly hurt just before she disappeared.

I wish that they had said goodbye before they left, and I hope that if they are still reading the boards they will let us know that they are all right.

I don't how how others feel, but I can't just forget about people I have come to 'know' (I know this is cyberspace, but in my experience we really do get to know each here - yes, even though we can't see the famous 'body language'). And it always disturbs me how, when someone leaves, the waters just close over their heads and no-one ever talks about them again.

So Linda, I am glad that you brought up the names of Pauline and Dorothy and I hope that they will get in touch.

Suzanne D. on 5/03/05 at 06:06 (174147)

I agree, Julie! I wish we could hear from Pauline and Dorothy once again - even if it is just to let us know they are alright. Whenever someone leaves, as you said, it is so troubling just to never hear from them again. That has happened with several people I have 'known' throughout my almost four years here, and it is always disturbing to me.

There have been times when, for personal reasons, I have felt like vanishing quietly from the boards, but after a time, I always end up coming back in part because I don't want others to worry about me. Sometimes I feel I am not much help to anyone here or not important enough to be missed, but then I would miss the fellowship here, so I return.

Suzanne :)

Dr. Z on 5/03/05 at 06:30 (174148)

Julie,

She just wouldn't leave. You have a good memory. I believe at one time I may have had her e-mail. That was a few computers ago and I didn't transfer all of my contacts. Maybe Scott R could help us out. I don't recall Pauline leaving for any length of time without notifying heelspurs.com in some way that she was going on vacation etc.
Pauline if you are out there Dr. Z is looking for you. We need/want you back.

Julie on 5/03/05 at 08:45 (174153)

I'm glad you agree, Suzanne (I kind of thought you would :) ). Generally, when someone leaves, someone else who is in email contact with the person knows about it and can report, but Pauline and Dorothy were always unwilling to have that contact - understandable, but problematic for those who would like to know how they are but have no way of finding out.

I agree with you about not wanting others to worry about me at 'those times', and have more than once come back. As for your not being important here, or of help to others, that is just ridiculous: of course you are. I remember that shortly before I arrived five years ago Scott ran a poll: people were asked to vote on the 'most helpful posters' and Judy S and Nancy S were joint winners. I'm sure if a similar poll was held now you would be well up there.

Finally, speaking of email, I emailed you yesterday at an address that may be old, or that may be another one that doesn't allow 'foreigners' past the gate. If you didn't receive my email could you please post an address that I can reach you at?

Thanks, Suzanne.

John H on 5/03/05 at 09:05 (174158)

Nancy S and Texas Barb and Nancy from N.J. also left after some years. I have on occasion contacted them and they have just moved on with their lives. If you do not hear from me for a month you better check because something is bad wrong. You all are like my favorite aunt or uncle.

Julie on 5/03/05 at 09:46 (174167)

John, how is Barb? I'm in touch occasional touch too with Nancy N, who is fine, and always am with Nancy S, who is just about my best friend (and who is also well) but it would be nice to know about Barb. Did her feet ever improve? And is she still writing?