Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Last July

Posted by Holly on 5/01/05 at 16:37 (174041)

I had the ESWT done on my right foot last July,and I happily report I am just about pain free!! I get little twinges of pain now and then, but mostly my foot is back to normal. I am a letter carrier for the USPS, so I am on my feet ALL DAY--walking most of that time--so it is a relief to have my foot back. I could tell the foot was getting better because it seemed every month that went by (since last July), my foot had less and less pain. Morning pain started to diminish, and during the day at work it was coming more toward the end of the day. Today I can say it is mostly gone! I was headed toward surgery, but hopefully the ESWT took care of that. It seems to be the case.

Re: ESWT Last July

Dr. Z on 5/01/05 at 17:19 (174048)

Great
I am seeing of alot of letter carriers just recently. I just saw a patient who works in a deli . I performed ESWT on him back in the year 2000. He was and is totally pain free. He had undergone failed Foot surgery and the ESWT was still able to give him his life back.

Ralph on 5/01/05 at 20:27 (174053)

Which machine did you finally choose Holly?

Holly on 5/02/05 at 20:18 (174134)

It was the Dornier machine. I was the one who aproached my doctor with the EWST as a possible treatment, and he was supportive. He explained that it might not be 100% effective, but at that point I was willing to try it just to avoid surgery. I have to say I am glad I did.

EleanorH on 5/03/05 at 09:14 (174160)

Hi, Holly. I had ESWT in October and had absolutely no relief. I had it again in March and already can tell a world of different. The doctor used the Dormier both times. It is certainlly encouraging to hear that you're doing so well. I just want to be able to move around again, do my walking and get rid of the 15 lbs. I've put on.
Just a question -- do you have FEP Blue? If so, did they pay for any of the treatment? I have FEP Blue because my husband works for the Postal Service.
Thanks and continued healing to you!