Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Surgeon In Florida

Posted by john king on 5/05/05 at 09:38 (174305)

Does anyone know of the best foot surgeon in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area of Florida? I want to settle the question of surgery once and for all.

Re: Foot Surgeon In Florida

Ralph on 5/05/05 at 14:45 (174312)

Good luck in finding the best doctor anywhere. 'Best' is and interesting word and I wonder who would determine the 'best' surgeon and what makes them the best?

I hope someone has an answer for you.

Kat C. on 5/10/05 at 00:54 (174631)

John-
I'm not in your area, but I spent a significant amount of time and energy researching doctors to find one I was comfortable with. First I'll say I did not even consider surgery until after more than a year of pursuing all the other 'conservative' treatments for plantar fasciitis. Next, I was so disappointed with podiatric care that I would not even consider letting one cut my foot open. So I talked with my family doc a lot and searched the web sites of local, large medical groups in San Diego, then matched those up with my insurance plan. I finally found an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in foot and ankle reconstruction, and sports-related injuries, and also serves as a team doc for the SD Padres baseball organization. His approach was practical, cautious, and very up-front. I am now 4 weeks post-op, walking (albeit gingerly) without crutches, and looking forward to going back to work in the next week or so.

Good luck with your search.

john king on 5/13/05 at 07:00 (174876)

Well, I have had long term bouts with PF for 20 years so who knows if anything could help me.

Wendy S on 6/03/05 at 10:24 (176076)

I really like my dr- Kristi Conway. She's in a practice with a Dr. Cosentino who seems to do a lot of the athlete types in the area. Bayshore Podiatry Ceneter.
I don't know if it's the best, and I haven't had my surgery yet (2 weeks from now), but I am happy with the quality of care.