Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis

Posted by Jean on 5/05/05 at 19:37 (174341)

I have had plantar fasciitis for about 2 years. I do have some heel pain in both feet, especially in the morning, but it has always been mild. What I did have was very tired feet, that got more tired as the day went on, so by dinnertime I just wanted off my feet.

Within the last 3 months, I have a new type of pain. The whole bottom of both feet feel like they have abrasions or sores on them. So when I walk I feel a scratchy irritation/pain that feels like the movement of my socks and shoes is rubbing on sores and causing pain. There are no sores on my feet. It feels like the pain is actually in my skin on the bottom of both feet. I still have only a small amount of heel pain. When I stretch, I do not feel any stretch or tightness in my feet. I do not feel any pain when I do deep muscle massage. This scratchy pain has gotten worse lately. Is this a normal way plantar fasciitis pain can manifest? What else could be causing it?

Re: plantar fasciitis

am on 5/06/05 at 06:10 (174361)

I have had similar pains - generally tired feet making it painful to walk by lunch time - skin seems sore almost as though it is too thin or that I have sandpapered the skin down! Still haven't found a cure except not to walk or stand which seems to be worse so any suggestions passed on would be grateful. I was diagnosed with heel spur after the initial months of tired feet but with rest this has gone - now just feel like sitting down all the time. Plus under feet get very hot. Tried inner soles gel etc now ordered Sorbothane double soles so will let you know if there is an improvement. If anyone has any further ideas please contact me direct as this has been going on for 8 months now. (email removed)

Jean on 5/06/05 at 11:34 (174391)

am:
Your description sounds like what I feel. I especially thought the sandpaper analogy describes it well. I have used the term 'burning' to describe my pain also, but not burning as in hot, but burning more like from very, tired feet. They 'burn' this way even when I am sitting. I use burn to describe it, for lack of a better word. It is not a throbing pain, just a constant burning, but without heat. When I am sitting maybe I can describe it better as a constant, dull ache. When I am standing I feel the sore, sandpaper scrubbed feet.

Have you been to a doctor about this condition? After reading your post, I did an internet search on 'burning feet' and learned that several things can cause this, including diabetes. I don't know if this applies to me though, since I do not feel 'hot feet'. I think I should go see my physican again, as I am feeling this may not be PF.

Please do let me know if you learn anything, and I will inform you too if I learn anything.

am on 5/06/05 at 13:54 (174399)

yes I have looked into diabetes but blood test came back negative - I have tried so many things from massage with lavender oil, cold water which helps for awhile, back massage in case of hidden nerve entrapment - no luck - using custom made inner soles as have high arch but no improvement. taking B12 to help nerves, my greek doctors don't seem to find solution - had a cortisone injection when thought it was PF but no help in fact I think it made it worse. I still feel my fat pad is thin but how can you measure this. I am going to try Sorbithane double sole which is supposed to help with shock absorbtion so will let you know the outcome - how long have you had this??

am on 5/06/05 at 13:55 (174400)

just read how long you have had it sorry

Re: Tired feet/blister feeling?

Ted on 5/11/05 at 16:54 (174744)

Hey. I know exactly what you two are talking about. I think it is just PF. Maybe another manifestation of it. I have been working at a job where I stand a lot. Recently I had been feeling like my feet have been getting really tired quickly. Then I started feeling a pain in my heel which felt like a blister and thought the taping was causing the pain. However, now I see it is the PF. It seems to be the inflammation going to the heel which maybe what is causing the tired feet feeling as well.

I am wondering if PF causes more inflammation of the foot or if it is just seperate? Just some thoughts.