Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pregnant for the first time with PF

Posted by Kristie on 5/09/05 at 18:07 (174595)

I have had PF for the last three year. I have done everything...yoga, stretching, night braces, orthodoics, ice, heat, ESWT and PF release surgery last May.
This week I found out that I'm pregnant with my first child. My husband is so happy, but I'm so worried about my foot and sciatica pain. I still have pain on the foot that had surgery and my left foot also hurts and will eventually need surgery. Also I have terrible sciatica pain on my right side.

Right now I don't work. Can't really do too much of anything and I'm so afraid that I will not be able to take care of this child they way I should because of my problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I also need a pair a custom made orthics. Do you know of anyone in the New York area that is good. I live in Long Islands but am willing to travel.

Re: Pregnant for the first time with PF

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/09/05 at 18:54 (174605)

Kristie:
I am in the Seattle area so I am quite distant. One trick is to work in reverse, finding one of best labs in the country and asking them for providers in your area. One of the best orthotic labs is Northwest Podiatric Laboratory in Blaine, WA.

Use the search feature on this site as it should contain their address and/or telephone number as I don't have it handy at the moment...
Ed

Re: Pregnant for the first time with PF

Kathy G on 5/10/05 at 20:04 (174668)

Kristie,

First of all, congratulations to you and your husband! You must be very excited. Your apprehension is understandable and while I have no useful hints to offer, I hope that you find someone in your area who can help you with orthotics.

Take good care of yourself and keep us informed.