Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pregant with PF need orthodics

Posted by Kristie on 5/09/05 at 18:14 (174598)

I have had PF for the last three year. I have done everything...yoga, stretching, night braces, orthodoics, ice, heat, ESWT and PF release surgery last May.
This week I found out that I'm pregnant with my first child. My husband is so happy, but I'm so worried about my foot and sciatica pain. I still have pain on the foot that had surgery and my left foot also hurts and will eventually need surgery. Also I have terrible sciatica pain on my right side.

Right now I don't work. Can't really do too much of anything and I'm so afraid that I will not be able to take care of this child they way I should because of my problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I also need a pair a custom made orthics. Do you know of anyone in the New York area that is good. I live in Long Islands but am willing to travel.

Please help. Thank you for any suggestions

Re: Pregant with PF need orthodics

Looking for Answers on 5/26/05 at 13:21 (175767)

Kristie I'm sorry no one got back to you. My heart really goes out to you hon. I know it's hard for the spouse to fully understand what you are going through. Im scared for my wife to get pregnant because with pf and maybe tts it would be hard to contribute enough to ease her way. A podiatrist should be able to send off for orhotics. Post any questions and concerns and i'll answer what I know. All the best with your pregnancy I'll say a prayer.