Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Going to vist my sister in Annapolis

Posted by Kathy G on 5/10/05 at 20:00 (174667)

for a few days. I'm excited. This will be the first time we see her new house. Her original house was totaled in the hurricane of September 2003. She had her house raised and while the footprint is the same, the house is brand new and now three stories.

We're staying for a short time and will just take it easy and catch up on things. It's supposed to be in the eighties one day we're going to be there. It hit seventy here today and we were thrilled. I actually wore shorts, although I must admit I didn't see many other people wearing them. I was quite comfortable in them, however.

Talk to you all when we return!

Re: Going to vist my sister in Annapolis

Suzanne D. on 5/10/05 at 20:41 (174672)

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, Kathy! I remember the story of your sister's house. How nice it must be now.

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Necee on 5/11/05 at 00:54 (174684)

Hope you have a safe trip! I know you'll enjoy visiting your sister.

Happy trails....

Necee

Linda V on 5/11/05 at 18:37 (174755)

Enjoy your trip. Enjoy spending time with your sis. Always wished I had a sister.....but, had to make do with 2 brothers who beat me up a lot as a child, but made up for it with lots of love and bonding as we got older.

Re: To: Linda V. Re: No sisters

Necee on 5/12/05 at 00:17 (174783)

I don't have any sisters either Linda, I have 1 brother, and we are very close. We fought as most siblings do growing up, but for the most part we stuck together. It seems as we get older, we bond even more. Both of our parents are deceased, and so we feel like all we have is eachother now.
I've always wondered what it would be like to have a sister, but I never really yearned for one growing up, funny thing is....I do now. As I get older, I think sometimes it would be so nice to have a sis to pal around with.

Necee

Re: Necee..sisters

Linda V on 5/12/05 at 07:11 (174800)

Not only do I wish I had a sister...I wish I lived years ago when families were HUGE and CLOSE....and didn't move away just cause of a job offer. I treasure growing up and having family visits every Sunday and lots of cousins close by. I am sorry I couldn't offer the same to my children, but everyone is scattered across the country nowadays.

Re: Necee..sisters

Necee on 5/13/05 at 01:13 (174868)

I guess what I lack in not having a sister, I made up for in cousins. I have several cousins that are close, 2 are like sisters.
I can remember as a child growing up, my mom would take us visiting after church on Sunday. We'd go to my aunts house (her sister) and spend the afternoon, then it was back to church that night. We spent lots of time with family and friends back then, that's something people just don't do much of these days. I'm a people person, I love having family and friends around, guess that's one reason we built a 'roomy' new house...so we could accommodate family gatherings.

Happy trails....

Necee