Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar facitis

Posted by Kathy on 5/10/05 at 20:36 (174669)


I am 38 & just returned form the foot Dr & was told that I have Plantar Facitis. Also she said that my ligiment has pulled away from bone causing more pain. I was given a cortisozone injection. Is there a name for this pulling away from the bone??


Re: plantar facitis

Robert J. Sanfilippo, DC, CCSP, ART on 5/10/05 at 21:15 (174676)

Hi Kathy,

DId the doctor say it was a ligament or tendon that has pulled away from the bone?? If it is PF then I'd say it would be a tendon, particularly the achilles tendon which inserts on your heel. The tendon attaches to the periosteum (bone covering) and when the tendon begins to pull away we call it a traction avulsion. When the achilles tendon causes this avulsion you will get a traction spur which is on the bottom of your heel.

Dr. Rob