Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT and nerve related foot-leg problems

Posted by Suzy D on 5/11/05 at 09:42 (174704)

Is ESWT suggested for conditions such as peripherial neuropathy, RSD, or is it limited to PF? I was told that Shock Wave would give no benefit to any sort of nerve pain. After 11 years of foot and leg pain, I am still not willing to accept that this level of pain must be permanent. Any suggestions appreciated. Suzy

Re: ESWT and nerve related foot-leg problems

Walkingirl on 5/11/05 at 13:03 (174719)

I am not a doctor. I am a fellow PF sufferer. I also had nerve pain. My doctor prescribed me Foltex (Vitamin B6, B12 and Folic Acid). She also suggested I take 1,000 mg L-Arginine a day. I also took Wobenzym, which are enzymes with natural anti-inflammatory properties. I took the medication for about a month before I started feeling real results. This took care of the nerve pain. Now I am left with the inital PF pain. The doctor said that she had a patient who had a stroke. The stroke left her with pain in her leg. She was crying over it all the time. The above treatment cured her nerve pain. I added the Wobenzym myself. I also take 500 mg. of L-Lysine to offset the release of free radicals from taking the L-Arginine.

A doctor recommend neuronton (sp)for nerve pain. It was developed for epilepsy patients. I refused to take it after reading the side effects.

You may purchase the L-Arginine and L-Lysine at your local Vitamin store..GNC, Rite Aid, Wild Oats Natural Food Stores, etc. I did not buy the Wobenzyme on the internet, I purchased it at Wild Oats under a different brand name...Michaels, W-Zyme (same ingredients).

Hope this helps. Talk to your doctor about it.

Amy on 5/12/05 at 13:39 (174834)

I'm curious about this post - could you answer a few questions for me walkingirl?

What kind of nerve pain did you have and where? Did you ever have nerve conduction testing?

Did your doctor find that you were deficient in the vitamins contained in Foltex - or is it ok to take without a deficiency?

Thanks, I am interested in talking to my neurologist about Foltex

Amy

Walkingirl on 5/12/05 at 21:20 (174859)

I had a conduction test. The doctor who did the test recommended to my doctor that I take neurontin (sp?). She did not want me take the neurontin, nor did I want to use it. The Foltex, L-Arginine, and W-Zymes did the trick.

The nerve damage was caused from using Zoomers fins while swimming laps. It caused nerve pain in the calf, archilles and pain clear around both feet. There was a painful pulling feeling with every step. Last winter I couldn't be on my feet long enough to cook dinner. The treatment cured it.

Prior to this damage, I already had PF. It did not cure the PF pain. The PF pain is in my heel.

Amy on 5/13/05 at 10:37 (174896)

Hi Walkingirl - Sorry to keep asking you questions, but....

The conduction test was positive? Thanks

Amy

CAROL E on 8/03/09 at 05:21 (259326)

HOW LOG DID THIS TAKE TO WORK I HAVE SIATICA AND MY LEGS JUST BURNS I WAS TOLD THE L ARGININE WOULD HELP BUT THE GNC TOLD ME TO TAKE 6 1000 A DAY.