Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by Karen F on 5/11/05 at 09:57 (174706)

I have been diagonsed with tarsal tunnel. I have what feels like an electrical shock going into my ankle and my heels are so sore that it feels like there is no padding in the heel and the bone is rubbing on the bottom of my foot. I have had cortisone treatments with no results. I do not want surgery. Is there anything else that can be done. Will stretching exercises or vitamin supplements help. I go for a walk everyday and truly miss it. Can you help me.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel etc.

Suzy D on 5/14/05 at 16:44 (175028)

It seems as if TTS, PF, PN, RSD or all nerve related conditions have similar or overlapping symptoms? No matter what I read here, we all seem to be saying similar things and experiencing similar sensations? How can one be absolutely sure of what we actually have? It seems that each physician we see gives us a different dx, but many times the same meds or treatments. Rarely, do we read a post that someone is improving or is it just that they stop posting once there is improvement? Take care,
Suzy