Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

seasonal foot pain

Posted by Dee S on 5/12/05 at 08:40 (174807)

Since the age of 10, ( I am now 34) I have had severe bouts of swelling, with red patches and warmth on both feet. It starts in early spring and usually ends in fall. I have been tested for Lupus, Gout, Limes, Arthritis, diabetes, and a host of other diseases and nothing shows positive. Meanwhile, my white blood count is elevated and yet antibiotics do not help. I have been through countless tests,over several years and I am still undiagnosed. The pain and soreness keeps me from my normal daily routine. At times, the red itchy (yet extremely sore) patches will move up from my foot to the ankle. I have also occasionally had red patches and tenderness in my hands. I do not know where I should look for advise and treatment. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Re: seasonal foot pain

Linda V on 5/12/05 at 11:48 (174827)

Have you seen a hematologist? They specialize in blood disorders, and may be able to unravel the reason why your white blood cell count is elevated. There are many components of the white blood cell...and I think a hematologist could guide you to treatment for this odd syndrome you have.

Re: seasonal foot pain ..P.S. to my post

Linda V on 5/12/05 at 11:51 (174828)

I am not a doctor, but have worked with many hematologists before and thats why I thought of this. I remember them treating someone for a malady called 'hand-foot' syndrome...which turned out to be a reaction from a medication.