Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Sherry D. on 5/12/05 at 11:32 (174825)

Would you please explain to me what nuroma is? I have a knot and slightly swollen place on my right foot between the big toe and the next toe. I have been advised to see a podiatrist. I would like to know more about nuroma.

Re: Nuroma

fay a on 1/04/06 at 14:03 (190739)

nuroma is a nerve on the sole of your foot. every shoe i wear my feet burn and my little toe goes num. i am having surgery on jan. 13,06 to remove my nuroma.

Re: Nuroma

JessicaT on 9/10/07 at 13:39 (235867)

I had a foot surgery to correct a bunion about 7 months ago. Since then I have been highly active serving in Iraq. Along with the bunion surgery a bone was removed from my second and fourth toes to correct hammer toe. Since surgery I have had continuous complications with my second toe, which I have had injected 3 times with cortizone and have been taking Mobic.

The second toe is in constant pain, and it seems to 'just kinda be there' since surgery. My doctor has actually said it might have to be amputated, what do you think?