Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Suzanne, Amy, Rich, Kathy Re:Daughter in cast

Posted by Tina H on 5/13/05 at 10:32 (174895)

Wanted to update you, my daughter seems to be doing well with the crutches and cast except for arm and shoulder pain. The knee on the cast side is a bit sore, just watching it. However the amazing thing, is that during the last 3 days the pf pain has disappeared in the non-casted foot as well. Maybe this will work after all.
Rich- Before my daughter's cast was put on, I asked to have plaster casts made so I could send them to you to have some decent orthotics made. They wouldn't allow me to do that, but they had a board certified pedorthist in the office, by chance that day, so he molded her feet and is making full length softer orthotics. I'm so happy to have found someone who seems good in Pittsburgh. He knew your name because he used to be in charge of the licensing board. His last name is Colazzi (I think, don't have the card with me now). Anyway he sounds like you, makes his own orthotics, adjusts them in the store etc. so now I'm happy. He said he will look for you at conventions! Thanks for all your advice and offers to make her orthotics! Tina

Re: To Suzanne, Amy, Rich, Kathy Re:Daughter in cast

Suzanne D. on 5/13/05 at 22:30 (174964)

I'm glad to read the good news that your daughter is doing well! I have read about the unusual effect of treating one foot only to find improvement in both feet. That seems to be a strange but not-too-unusual occurence.

It sounds like you have found a pedorthist who works like 'our' Richard C.Ped here. That is good news, too!

Continued good wishes,
Suzanne :)

AmyM on 5/14/05 at 13:24 (175009)

I'm glad to hear your daughter is doing ok, considering. How great that you can see an improvement! Your arms just aren't used to carrying your body weight, but it's only for a couple of weeks, so my thoughts are with you and if you keep improving like you are you'll be back to your old routine in no time. Did you try the sme4 tips on the crutches? I've never used them, but I've heard good things about them. Best wishes.

Tina H on 5/14/05 at 16:03 (175016)

Amy, you know how teenagers are, didn't use the sme4 tips, not fashionable enough! She wrapped fuzzy blue polar tec fabric around the arma and hand rests. Apparently that's the cool look for crutches in middle school. Thanks for your suggestions though, they're much appreciated. Tina