Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthosis (Orthotic) Lab

Posted by JanP on 5/16/05 at 09:00 (175117)

Using the search feature on this site, I found the name of the lab that Dr Ed recommends, which is Northwest Podiatric Labs. Unfortunately they don't have a Dr practicing in my area (KS/CO area). Their website is http://www.nwpodiatric.com/resources/index.html .

I don't have a lot more money to throw away trying Pod's who try the same ole same ole. When I read of Dr's videoing gaits etc, I think how wonderful! How do I find a Dr that works with patients who don't fit the mold of 'normal' pf. As I've said, my high arch seems to be what causes the difficulty. Every support, even OTC ones put pressure in the arch area. Dr Ed says they don't have to, but it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find someone who'll work like he describes!

JanP

Re: Orthosis (Orthotic) Lab

Liboralis on 5/16/05 at 19:45 (175150)

You may have to travel. Also, the video tape is useless if the Dr doesnt know his biomechanics. It puts on a good show and makes some feel better about spending the money, but in the end, it does not really matter