Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Completely pain free now! took about 5 weeks to feel the difference!

Posted by Alena on 5/16/05 at 13:49 (175133)

Hi all, just wanted to share my wonderful news.
For the past year I was in severe pain, both feet, had injections and anti-inflamatory meds, nothing helped.
Found this doctor/center in NY (Dr. GRoss http://ussportsmed.com/index_ie.html)
Insurance accepted (about $5000 for 5 sessions), but its amazing, now I am completely pain free.
Sonic treatment takes about 8 min and thats it, after about 3-5 weeks, major improvement.
I know it does not work for all, but its worth trying!

Re: Completely pain free now! took about 5 weeks to feel the difference!

Dr. Z on 5/17/05 at 20:14 (175220)

What did he exactly treat you with Is this ESWT?

Alena on 5/18/05 at 18:11 (175278)

I am not sure of the actual spelling, but I think its called 'SoniqCure'?
Looks like - long arm with a blue plastic 10' diameter ball that was aiming at the area of pain and they used a clear gel for a better contact.
It felt like someone was hammering my foot (heel) for about 8 min, 5 visits, each foot.
I am completely pain free now, its been about 2 months.
If you need more info, please ask.

Regards

Lesliek on 5/20/05 at 10:10 (175356)

Specifically, what was your diagnosis? Was your treatment ESWT? I'm considering it for PF and am interested to find others who have done it and their results.

Thanks.

Alena on 5/20/05 at 12:15 (175359)

My diagnoses were 'inflamed plantar fasciitis', not ripped, but I could not walk properly and was in constant pain. And yes the treatment I got was ESWT. The results as I mentioned, completely pain free after 5 treatment and 5 week period.

Regards

connie on 6/19/05 at 12:39 (177068)

were you in pain after treatment? how long did you have to not work out?if you have this done can you try other things? the only thing i did was shots.