Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

anodyne--last chance

Posted by Karen b on 5/19/05 at 08:42 (175313)

Has anyone tried anodyne treatments? I have tried NEurontin; just takes edge off pain. Cymbalta, I can't take. I have tried Lidoderm patches
and orthodics; that has helped the most, but I still have pain esp. when I
am stressed or upset. I am about ready to give up and try to live with it.

Re: anodyne--last chance

Mike on 5/19/05 at 17:14 (175331)

I just finished 12 anodyne sessions. Didnt help me a bit though I know it has worked for several people. Supposedly it has a 96% success rate with diabetic PN'ers - I guess Im of the other 4%.

Its definately worth a try.

So far, none of the regular drugs have worked for me, nor has nerve release surgery. Currently I only get pain releif from narcotics. They have given me my life back and taken my pain levels from 7 - 8 down
to 2 or 3. Still trying though - Accupuncture is next on the list.

Good luck.
Mike

Re: anodyne--last chance

Scott R on 5/19/05 at 17:53 (175332)

I've been using my home-made pulsing 880nm infrared LEDs and seem to have great success on my arthtic fingers and my brother thought it was amazing on a cut on his finger. Right now I'm trying my foot (volleyball twice a week this month has it a little sore). I keep experimenting with different designs and selling to chiropractors, podiatrists, 'touch therapists', and patients. My next one is a $600 280 LED device for a chiropractor. I'm trying to rent designs for $1 a day. If i can teach a few peolpe how to build them, I can start trying them out on a lot of people. The anodyne seems a bit weaker than mine. They don't use a fan and if my LEDs were to touch your skin without a fan, the heat would hurt after 5 or 10 minutes. My combination red and infrared nuits dno't need a fan.

Re: anodyne--last chance

Karen b on 5/20/05 at 10:02 (175354)

Mike, Will your insurance pay for acupuncture? Also, my PT wants to do 20 anodyne. What kind of narcotics do you take? I take Neurontin in the day and Elavil at night. Can you tell if your stress level is high that your feet hurt worse? thank you, Karen b

Re: anodyne--last chance, ScottR

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/05 at 13:02 (175367)

Scott:
How often do you use your unit? For how many minutes at each application?
Ed

Re: anodyne--last chance

Mike on 5/20/05 at 13:14 (175368)

Not sure if they will or not - they screwed me on the surgery so I doubt they'll spring for the acupuncture. Stay away from BlueCross BlueShield.

I take 80mg of Oxycontin, 2x day plus I have percocet for break-thru.
I was just started on Trileptal so we'll see if that does anything.

Yes - stress seems to have a bad effect on my pain levels.

Re: anodyne--last chance, ScottR

Scott R on 5/20/05 at 14:39 (175375)

Dr Ed,
I use it from 2 to 20 minutes, while sitting at the computer. I only use it when i have a sore (arthritis, sore foot, bruise), and no sore so far has hurt for more than 2 days after using it twice a day. For something like plantar fasciitis, I guess it could take a week or more before the pain goes away (using it twice a day for 20 minutes). I'm going to make a 100 of these things.
Scott

Re: anodyne--last chance, ScottR

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/05 at 20:46 (175397)

Scott:
Please contact me at (email removed) as I would like to buy one and test it out as soon as you have on ready to ship.
Ed

Re: anodyne--last chance, ScottR

Scott R on 5/21/05 at 07:41 (175410)

I'm already renting them out at the link below
https://plus37.safe-order.net/cgi-heelspurs/a/b.cgi?p=led

Re: anodyne--last chance

Karen b on 6/06/05 at 08:57 (176181)

Mike, What kind of narcotics are you taking. I am taking 600 mg of
Neurontin and 50 of Elavil at night. I can't take the Cymbalta.
I just pretty much have learned to endure the pain. Any suggestions?
Thank you, Karen b