Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

5 weeks post op

Posted by Andrea on 5/20/05 at 14:54 (175378)

Hi everyone,

I have posted a few messages and wanted to thank everyone for your input on TT surgery and recovery. It was very helpul!
I know it's too soon to tell...but it's been 5 weeks since my surgery and the recovery seems to be going well. I'm now wearing regular shoes (tennis shoes with my orthotics). The bottom of my foot is a little sore but that's it. I'm not taking any medication. i can be on my feet all day (but I do rest it in the evenings). I hope that soon I will be able to tell whether the surgery was a sucess or not! But it's looking good!!
Thanks for all the help!!

Andrea

Re: 5 weeks post op

Timron on 5/23/05 at 09:11 (175531)

Congrats! It's sounds like you are well on your way to a full recovery. Good Luck!!!

Ron

Dee on 5/23/05 at 18:10 (175564)

Andrea:
5 weeks post op and on your feet all day sounds amazing! What were your symptoms before the surgery? Did they find the reason for your TTS?
I hope your recovery continues on this great path!!!

Andrea on 5/25/05 at 09:38 (175691)

Dee,

I had problems with my right foot for about 4 years. They are not sure what caused the TTS. I'm a runner and that has made things worse. The nerve was actually being compressed by the muscle in my foot.
The pain slowly got worse over the years. I usually had pain in the inside of my ankle and eventually it was shooting up my leg. The pain was there 24 hours a day but, was aggravated by certain shoes and any kind of exercise (specially walking or running). I did have some tingling. I had tried just about everything (orthotics,cortisone shots,Physical therapy,cast,heels cups...)but nothing helped. Then, finally I decided to have the surgery.
Now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it worked!!

A

Dee on 5/25/05 at 12:51 (175709)

Andrea:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!!!

Did the surgery involve the muscle in some way, or was it a standard release? How did you go about finding the right doctor?

Dee

Andrea on 5/26/05 at 09:15 (175753)

Dee:

It was a standard release. I had seen several Orthopaedic surgeons and 1 Podiatrist (wouldn't recommend it for surgery). Finally, I went to see an Orthopaedic surgeon that spcializes in foot/ankle surgery. He was actually recommended by one of my doctors. He has a lot experience with foot injuries. When I met him, I knew right away that I was in good hands! And he was very open and honest about the results of TT surgery (risks and complications).

Andrea

denise h on 7/23/05 at 17:10 (178940)

hey could you tell me about the surgery?