Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neuroma Surgery

Posted by JS on 5/21/05 at 14:59 (175426)

I have a neuroma (possibly 2) in my right foot. I originally had pain between the 4th and little toe. Recently, I've also had pain between the 3rd and 4th toes. I had one cortisone shot in December in the 4th-5th toe area. The gave me pain relief until April. I had 2 shots on May 3rd. One betrween the 3rd and 4th toes and the other one between the 4th and 5th toes. I;ve had almost no relief from these shots. I know that I am able to get one more shot before surgery. I would like to know what the recovery is like from this type of surgery. I am on my feet 8 hours a day and need to know how much time I would need off from work.
Thanks,
Jo

Re: Neuroma Surgery

Dr. Z on 5/21/05 at 15:13 (175429)

Hi
Neuroma surgery can take months to heal and can make it very difficult to stand for weeks or more after the surgery. Have you investigated Alcohol injections and or cryotherapy. These appears to be better options if you have to stand for long periods after surgery .

Re: Neuroma Surgery

JS on 5/22/05 at 05:30 (175455)

Thanks for your response. I will check into both of those options. They have never been mentioned by my foot doctor.
Jo