Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lump on side of right foot

Posted by Deborah on 5/25/05 at 12:59 (175710)

I recently did a five mile walk for March of Dimes Walkamerica. I finished the walk just fine, then almost a week later I developed a pain on the right side of my right foot. It actually felt like a pulled muscle, so I would massage it, and it would be a little painful to massage. Then about a week ago, I realized that it's a little swollen on that spot. My foot's not swollen, just that area where it hurts. Do you think it's just a pulled muscle, or maybe a stress fracture of some sort.

Re: lump on side of right foot

Robert J. Sanfilippo, DC, CCSP, ART on 5/25/05 at 15:24 (175718)

Deborah, the area where it hurts does it feel like a muscle or bone that you are touching?? When you touch it, does it move? If the area is tender over a bone it could be a stress fracture. It could be a muscle but it is very difficult to strain a muscle by just peforming a walkathon. If it is in the joint line, it could be a synovitis. Your best bet is to go to your doctor and let them evaluate you properly. Hope you feel better.