Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How to find a good podiatrist

Posted by Matt P on 5/28/05 at 10:34 (175838)

Dr. Ed's response to a previous posting of mine has inspired me to look beyond my Insurance company for a good podiatrist. However, I must say I am completely at a loss for how to go about doing that. With the Insurance company, I went to people recommended by my my primary care physician. Now who can I ask?

I'm in the SF Bay area, so there's got to be some excellent doctors around here. I would love to set up an appointment with Dr. Ed, or someone exactly like him, who has the scope of knowledge he demonstrates on this board.

I must say again that the time people dedicate to this board through their response to messages is so incredibly valuable. Thank you to everyone.

Re: How to find a good podiatrist

Mark P on 7/18/05 at 12:30 (178573)

I'm also looking for a good podiatrist as my current one (in Burlingame) has been a unmitigated disaster. Incorrect Orthotics, lost the casts, poor knowledge, incorrect knowledge etc.

Thanks to anyone who knows of a good podiatrist in the SF Bay Area (Peninnsula ideally)

Joanna on 8/01/05 at 15:46 (179664)

Add me to the list of Bay Area folks looking for a good podiatrist. Preferably San Francisco south to Palo Alto. I've seen Donald Hershman (in SF) a couple of times and he's been completely useless aside from giving me a prescription for orthotics.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/01/05 at 16:24 (179667)

Try the podiatry college in SF