Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

torn plantar faciatis

Posted by MarianR on 5/28/05 at 19:02 (175850)

I have a torn plantar faciatis. I believe it is 2 ctmtr. I have been in pain for almost a year. Before I was given an MRI, I was first given orthotics that did nothing to help my heel pain. As the months passed, my heel along with my whole foot at the side became more painful. I finally visted another doctor in January and was put in a day cast for three weeks. That did not ease my pain. Then I went for amn MRI on March 15, 2005. That is when the test came back that I had a tear in my plantar faciatis. I have been in a cast for two and half months. I am so tired of sitting doing nothing. Every two weeks I have had the cast taken off and a new one replaced. This week the doctor decided to do another MRI and now it shows I still have the tear plus I have a sprained ankle. HELP!!!! He has now put me in a boot to wear this week until I see him again next week. I need some advise. If you have a torn plantar faciatis, what else can be done besides what I have already done? I am so sick of not being able to do anything. I am 48, lead an active life. I did have a 40 lb weight gain in the last two years as my husband was sick and passed away. I have lost that weight since January and feeling better about that, but my heel is in agony. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your reply

Re: torn plantar faciatis

Dad on 5/28/05 at 23:46 (175864)

Go see Evan!!!

MarianR on 5/31/05 at 18:27 (175948)

still waiting for an answer from anyone regarding a ruptured PF. I am so sick of this!! Any suggestions.

Terri on 6/02/05 at 08:19 (176027)

I'd see another doctor. That doesn't sound right. How did the ankle get sprained in a cast. I believe in seeing as many doctors as insurance will pay for if that's what it takes.