Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Datrell LA

Posted by Marsha H on 5/29/05 at 17:12 (175880)

Like Kathy I took Vioxx for PF for nearly two years. Had increasingly bad GI problems as a result, but it worked better for my feet than anything I had ever taken. When it was pulled from the market I did not try another similar drug.
Have had bilateral PH for around ten years and been the route of all the usual treatments. Recently my urologist put me on Datrell LA for a mild cystocele and the effect on my feet was dramatic! No pain, no swelling, much greater tolerance for standing. When I told the doctor he said that that made sense as the nerve endings of the bladder and the lower extremities were similar. He would in fact tell the drug rep. Maybe one day we will all see an ad for Datrell LA on the evening news and lots of us old time PF'ers can demonstrate our 'cure.'
Has anyone else been put on this drug and had a similar experience? (It is also diagnosed for incontinence, and overactive bladder.....as am sure you all know!) After all these years of fighting this disorder, I am reluctant to hope for a long term drug treatment that will be successful and yet present no painful side effects. So far this does.

Re: Datrell LA

Ron on 5/29/05 at 18:16 (175881)

That's great! I'm glad you found something that's working.

Re: Datrell LA

Terry on 5/31/05 at 14:23 (175939)

I have never taken Datrell LA, but a few years ago I was having pain in some of my toes. The doctors didn't know what was causing the pain. I discovered that I got relief from Pamabrom, which is in the OTC medications, like Pamprin. I was taking the Pamprin for menstrual cramps and lo and behold, the Pamabrom was the magic ingredient that got rid of my toe pain.