Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Doctor Please TTS/FHL

Posted by KIKSTER on 6/01/05 at 08:54 (175971)

For 2 years I have dealt with FHL Tenosynovits and only minimal irriation to the post tib nerve as indicated on EMG with NO Tinels Sign. My MRI revealed FHL, FDL tenosynovitis which i saw 2-3 foot doctors. I chose not to have surgery as for only a 50% success rate and many docs stated the unpredicatbleness of it. I do have orthotics , have tried PT, NSAIDS, 2 injections, casting, rest, differnet orthotics and am just living with it. I did notice the Bextra which i took helped tremendously, but decided not to continue due to the FDA Warnings. I also had to give up my job as a mail carrier, due to my inabiltiy to walk several miles.

My symptoms include pain and tenderness on the inside of the ankle just below the medial malleous at the Tarsal tunnel region.

I DO NOT have numbness, tingling, or burning sensations as the typical TTS problem usually presents itself.

I pain when i am standing for long durations (over 1 hour) and walking for long periods over an hour. I noticed that the more my feet become hjot or sweaty from walking i have an increased level of pain, and when it is cold and my feet do not sweat as much the pain is tolerable.

Do you have any suggestions on what this could indicate?
Any adsvice would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Re: Doctor Please TTS/FHL

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/02/05 at 23:03 (176065)

Do any of the orthotics have a first ray cut out, that is, an area under the big toe joint and behind it that slopes backward, allowing the big toe joint to drop downward?