Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inflammation feeling

Posted by Michael C on 6/01/05 at 22:25 (176010)

How can you tell if inflammation is occurring in the foot area? Is it a burning tingling sensation or a deep dull pain or something else? For the last couple of weeks I have had a burning tingling feeling on the bottom of my feet and in my toes. This goes away when I apply ice or take ibuprofen (which I do not care too much for).

Re: Inflammation feeling

Terri on 6/02/05 at 07:55 (176019)

If it's both feet and and came on at the same time doesn't sound like PF. I have PF in both feet the it didn't come on at the same time and the symptoms are different and toe tingling is not usual. I would make an appt. ASAP with a doctor.

KW on 6/02/05 at 12:34 (176044)

Hi Michael, I had symptoms that were similar to yours. What I've heard is that there is no 'hard and fast rule' for how PF presents itself. I would continue with the ice and Ibuprofen until the burning begins to improve. My doc had me take 600mgs 3x a day and it really helped! During that time I was able to do some very gentle stretches and I think it improve my situation. Do go see a doctor; you will need them to tell you specifically what is the best care.

Ron on 6/05/05 at 14:02 (176158)

You better get this checked out right away. This sounds like Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome (TTS), because PF doesn't usually include tingling or burning sensations. TTS has been described as the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome of the feet. I know very little about it but it sounds worse than PF. See a Pod right away.

http://www.podiatrychannel.com/tarsaltunnelsyndrome/